News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Another improvement for next update

Started by Deane, August 19, 2012, 01:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Hi Dan,
I have noticed that in the current file system vArranger does not see folders within folders.  Example would be if I have a Folder named "Current Songs" and within that folder are other Folders containing the songs then vArranger does not see these folders.

I wonder if that could be changed because it would help in organizing everything.

Deane

Dan

Hi Deane,

You can see the sub folders on the My Songs bar. No?

You will see buttons named like that [-]Current Songs    [-]SubFolder

Dan

Deane

Hi Dan,
No, I do not see sub-folders in the My Songs Bar - only the Root Folder.  I just thought that was the way it worked.

Deane

Lionel

Hi Guys,

I see the files with-in the folders and Subs
but what I think is that the main folders when clicked should open the subs on the song bar and closed
when clicked again, because when you have a heap of songs in a sub you have to scroll right through all of them to get to next
main folder.

Also since the topic is another improvement for next update I'd like to add another one

That is when a midi file has started and you get anywhere and decide you need to restart it is a task to complete.
I know you can click on the bar under A and B but to actually get to the start of song  is not easy.
Like praticing on a count-in or intro or a fudged start and you want to restart the midi.

A restart or reset to beginning is what we need. OR another way if suggested and better.

Thanks
Lionel

jolon28

Lionel,

I had the same request about MIDI file restart because it is a real need for us, and as far I understand through PM, this new feature should be implemented in a next release.
Thats' great !

Dan

Deane, can you send me a picture screen of your my songs bar?

Lionel, to restart the midifile, just reclik on it.

I will probably add a special button or controller for Rewind on a next release.

Deane

Dan,
First picture is of my sound bar showing te (-)Yamaha Folder which does contain sub-folderhirs.
Second Pictures shows contents of the folder.
Third folder shows the contents don't appear when selected.

Deane

Dan

Deane, you have to click on the >> button, close to the [-]Yamaha button, to see the next 10 folders. You will see there your sub folders.

(I deleted the pictures, because they are too big.)

Deane

Hi Dan,
I didn't explain myself very well.   If I scroll through the "MY Songs Bar" I do see all my root folders.  What the problem is about is when one of the folders on the "My Songs Bar" also contains a folder that has songs in it - those sub-folders do not show up if I click on the Root Folder.   What that means is if I have a set of Yamaha styles organized alphabetically with a folder for each letter of the alphabet  I would have to have a separate folder for each letter of the alphabet on the Songs Bar.   

What I was hoping could be done is for vArranger to "See" sub-folders held within a main folder - that would really make life easy.
So far I have not been able to make that happen with vArranger.

Deane

Dan

vArranger always displays the sub-folders on the MY SONGS bar, after the Root folder.

I don't see why you don't see them

Deane

Hi Dan,
I'll keep working on it and see if I have something wrong in the setup and get back to you.

Deane

Lionel

Hi Dan,

Could I ask if my earlier post is feasible.

That is instead of having the sub folders permanently shown could they be clickable
in other words open to sub folders on click and close to main folder on click.

Lionel

Dan

Yes, I Will do it in a future release.

jolon28

By the way, I noticed also that is not very evident to distingusih a folder with mark [-] between all the other data. I would suggest to add a visual effect like a special color , or a coulor border, etc. We could imagine one color assigned for styles folders, another for mp3 folder, another for MIDI folder, etc...

Dan

Yes, I will think about visual effect.

Note that you can put styles, midifiles, mp3... files on the same folder, to chain them as you want.

Lionel