News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

VERSION 1.16 BETA 8

Started by Dan, August 07, 2012, 12:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Hello everyone !

Following many months of work, I am pleased to announce you the new vArranger 1.16 Beta 1.

This version includes more than 75 new features and corrections !

vArranger users who wants to try this new beta version, before the finale release, let it know here.

Be careful :

- Do a FULL BACKUP of your vArrangerData folder before running the Beta version.
- Don't use the Beta version on stage while giging.
- If you save a Yamaha style with the Version 1.16, you will not be able to load them with the version 1.15.
- In this beta version, If you load a Yamaha style saved with the version 1.15, your saved mixer settings will not be loaded,and the SAVE SONG feature is disabled for those styles.

Dan

ygmuzic

Hi Dan
I would love to try the beta version.
Thanks
Mendy

Dan

ketronek

Hi Dan

Me too, please

Thank you

angel1000

Hi Dan, alright. Now I'm excited. Yes I would like to test the beta version.

Dan

I sent you the beta version by email.

4partmusic

Dan I would be interested in trying the 1.16 Beta.

Terry

paoloca59

Hi Dan,
I would like to test the beta version.
Thank you
Paolo

Brian

Hi Dan,
I would love to try 1.16 Beta version,

Brian.

Dan

Please, download again the update file with the same link !

There is already a BETA 2 available !

3 bugs where corrected on this new release :

- There was an error message on Ketron styles with MAIN A selected, when you click on any arranger track. Also, every arranger sound changes where not saved in the right variation. (sound change on Main B was saved in Main A...)

- Problem with selection of variations on ROLAND styles..... ............ YES !!!!!!   This update includes the ROLAND style format support !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (beta)

- Correct a bug on some Roland style who own Brightness changes inside.

4partmusic

So should we be able to download the Roland styles under the forum Roland Styles section and play them?  I am getting a This is not a valid style file when I do that.  Is there some other set-up I need to do.  The Ketron and Yamaha styles seem to work fine.

Thanks,

Terry

Dan

It should work.
Are you sure you are using the Version 1.16 ? It is written on the top right of the vArranger screen.
The roland styles extention is .STL

4partmusic

It appears to be the Pingusso files that I am having trouble with.  I wonder if it has to do with the .rar files.  I started getting a trust certificate message.  Deanes files for the BK-7 work wonderfully.  Only problem I am having is my wife keeps interupting me from having all of this fun!!

Terry

Deane

Hi Dan,
I too would like to try the beta version.
I am not playing much now because of a health issue.  So, I have time to
play with it around the house.

Deane

Dan

Deane check your email.

Terry, if you have any problem with a file, just send it to me, I will check.

If you have a problem with your wife since you discovered vArranger, sorry i can't help, I have the same problem  :-*

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
luv to try it . Congratulations on adding Roland.

Deane

Dan, got it and have it up and running with some Roland Styles.

I created a different folder for the Beta Version and have V1.5 entirely intact so as not to mess things up.
Both versions function just fine - thought others might want to know.

Deane

Dan

There is already a BETA 3 available !

4 bugs were corrected on this new release :

- In the vertical style list (top left of screen), the style roland will display a green logo STL as PAT, STY....
- SONG CHORDS is working with Roland styles
- You can assign the fill ins of Roland Styles on CONTROLLERS
- Correction of a crash who could occur while sending SYSEX messages, if you are using many Midi IN and OUT together

rikkisbears

Dan,
you are BRILLIANT.

Thank you.

Joe Coogan

Hi Dan,
I would love to try  beta 1.16 version.

Thanks,
Joe

Lionel

Hi Dan,

After giving it another whirl after beta 3

Yeah! Roland styles opens another world and good range of styles.

So far looking good.....not to mention the style editor
I'm sure we will hear a lot more about this feature soon..

Good work..

A great investment for anyone looking for a serious alternative..

Lionel

Deane

Dan,
First a word of thanks from all of us who are your loyal customers and friends. 
It must give you great pleasure to hear from those of us who use vArranger and
comment about how great a product you have produced.

When you release the final version of this upgrade will it overwrite our settings or
keep them as other upgrades have done?

Thanks again,
Deane

Dan

Yes Deane, if it was only for myself, vArranger would not be as good !
Now that I have loyal supporters, I love to write every line of code, because I know that some people in the other end of the world will enjoy them !
I also want to thanks Internet, because vArranger story is existing only thanks to Internet.
A little developer who can talk directly with his customers worldwide, and this nice community, is something that could never happens some years ago.

About what you asked, on the final version, for Yamaha styles, I still have to write the code to load your old settings and put them in the new structure.

Vasik

Hi Dan!
May I try the vArranger v.1.16 Beta 3 too?

Vasik.

Dan

There is already a BETA 4 available !

3 bugs were corrected on this new release :

- You can now load Roland Styles from the E600/500/300/KR... series
- Other corrections on Roland styles
- Correction : You can now change the tempo of Roland styles !

Brian

Where can I download Roland Styles that will work?
Any I have are Trust Certificate and I cant open them.
Brian.

4partmusic

Brian,

Try Deane's under the roland styles in the forum.  It is in Zip format and I did not have the Trust certificate issues that I has with the other files there that are compressed as .rar's.  I have only downloaded the BK-7 styles but they are working great for me.

Terry

Lionel

Brian as I understand the system looks at them as trust certificates but are actually Roland styles.

Because the extension is the same as trust certicates, the styles appear the same.

I believe you cannot open them direct as in double clicking or right click open but must be
loaded thru vArranger load option

Correct me if I am wrong

Lionel

ninh

Hi Dan,

Can I have the link to down load the 1.16 Beta version please.

Thanks

Ninh

jan1kow

Brian
How are you trying to open the roland styles.
You should be using varranger to open them initially through the VArranger LOAD procedure.
Roland styles are nothing to do with Microsoft  Windows  applications.
jon

one

I want to try it too please....

Brian

I have just downloaded Deane's file. Have only loaded BK-7M files in vArranger.
Very pleased with results so far.
Thanks everyone for your help. Looking forward to loading more !!
Brian.

johnpjmp

I am using 1.14 and would like to update
                                              Thanks

johnpjmp

I was wondering how to set markers when using sequences.  I do most of my songs with sequences and the marker system is a very good idea to extend the sequence in live performance.  I also found a bug with the tempo (BPM).  When a sequence is playing and you try to change tempo an error message pops up and can not change tempo.  Also is it possible to set the reverb level on right voice so that it does not change when changing voices.  When I switch voices the reverb level always goes to max.

Thanks
                                                                                                                                                                                         John

Dan

Hi John,

I will release the BETA 5 soon, who will correct the Midifile tempo change issue.

For the markers, the only thing to do is to open the midifile on your sequencer (cubase, sonar...) and add the Marker at any position you want, and add a name to it. I will talk later about this new amazing feature.

I will think about the reverb level. You don't like how the SD2 is sounding with reverb at 127?

jan1kow

john,
Be aware of the SD2 reverb levels.
Listening with earphones or with a small PA in your house the SD2 reverb seems too much or more than needed .
But when in a live public situation - large hall, club of bar etc I can hardly hear the same reverb levels.
eg . On the lead melody track - I have this set to Arena with maximum reverb level and could still ask for more if it were possible.
The reverb is hardly noticeable yet with earphones the reverb would be ok about half the level. 
jon
UK

johnpjmp

I guess I don't have too much problem with reverb on tradiotional instruments (Piano, Trumpet, Sax etc.) but I do not like much reverb on the organ sounds.  I like the hammond sounds without reverb.  Also most keyboards automatically disconnect the velocity when organ sounds are in use as  traditional organs do not respond to velocity or after touch and need the constant volume to respond to organ playing technics, especially glissandos.
Also is it possible to get the leslie sound to speed up faster.  It seems very slow when going from slow to fast.

Thanks
John

Vasik

Yes John, you correctly noted that the leslie is slowly picks up the speed and at this time, it seems like ther is a singing Donkey and when it picked up the speed it's not Leslie, but it is frequency vibrato.

Vasik

Dan

Please, download again the update file with the same link.

The BETA 5 is available, and includes the following :

- Correction of the BPM display on 6/8 Yamaha et Roland styles.
- Correction on Roland styles : the arranger did not always play until the end of the loop, intros, Endings...
- Beginning of perfect adaptation of Roland styles with the Ketron SD2
- Correction on Roland styles : Instrumental tracks where missing on Intro 1 2, Ending 1 2 , FillIn 2 U D
- Roland Styles : mixer changes are no more set to their initial values on the beginning of the loop
- Tempo lock corrected
- Correction of the tempo change problem on midifiles
- With Sync start = ON, clicking on HOLD was starting the arranger.
- Correction : With HOLD = OFF, instrumental tracks will be muted when ALL the notes of the chords will be released

peterpkelly2005

Hi Dan,

Congratulations on all the great additions to vArranger 2.
I would love to test the latest Beta version. Could you
please send me the link.

Best Regards

Peter

johnpjmp

I also would like to download the Beta 5 version

Thanks
John

Morris Crum

Hi Dan,

Can you send me the link please to the beta 1.16 version so I can try it.

Many thanks

Morris

Dan

The BETA 6 is available, and includes the following :

- Fix: Many Roland styles had incomplete loops.
- Correction on Yamaha and Roland styles where controllers no longer being changed inside the loop.
- Correction on Yamaha styles: Some sounds could be detuned if there were NRPN inside the style.
- Fixes some styles from old Roland keyboards.

- Small adjustments on the scores display.
- Double-click on the score no more maximize the window, except on top of the window. (To avoid enlarging the window if you click too quickly to turn pages)

pax_eterna

Hi Dan.

If you could send me the beta as well that would be much appreciated :)

Dennis

Dan

The BETA 7 is available, and includes the following :

- PDF FILE SUPPORT ! If you want to use it, please download and install the free Plug In here :
http://www.varranger.fr/vforum/index.php/topic,802.0.html

- Correction on the Chorus effect, on GM/GM2/GS/XG sound modules.

Enjoy,

Dan

Brian

Hi Dan,
Can't download from usual link ... error404
Could you send it to me
Thanks.... Brian.

Dan

BETA 8 is here !
Who want to know the differences?

pax_eterna

Hi Dan,
Can you send it to me as well please?

Thanks
Dennis

paoloca59

pax_eterna

Quote from: Dan on October 07, 2012, 04:42:11 PM
BETA 8 is here !
Who want to know the differences?

Yes a list of differences would be appreciated :)

Dennis

necdetdoni

yes..i like to see differeces..please send me a link..thaks

johnpjmp

Yes, I would also like to know the difference
Thanks

Lionel

Ok Dan,

I will ask before I look.

While I am waiting I will have a peek

Lionel

ketronek

Hi  Dan

We can edit and save the styles of Roland 

Thank You   :)

4partmusic

I do, I do, I do! Want to have a look that is.
Terry

Dan

Here are the news of the version 1.16 BETA 8 :

- Changes made on Yamaha styles and saved with the version 1.15 are now again available. (Please check this well)
- You can now save changes on Roland styles with SAVE SONG.
- You can now save again Yamaha styles saved with the version 1.15
- Better guitars (MegaVoices) sound on Yamaha styles.
- Yamaha styles who use the CubanKit drumkit will sound better.
- The new summary screen 'STYLE MIXER' is available on Roland styles.
- You can save the startup position of the main vArranger screen, by right clicking on the window and select ' SAVE WINDOW POSITION '
- You can save the startup position of the karaoke screen, by right clicking on the window and select ' SAVE WINDOW POSITION '
- One error message removed while chaining some styles.
- Bug corrected : if you select COUNT IN, then STOP, then START, the count in was repeating and did not chain on the variation.
- When you load a song, you already know that you can automatically display a score together with the song, if you put a jpg, pdf, ... file into the SCORE folder. You can now disable the automatic displaying of the score, by right clicking on the LYRICS button, and unckeck DISPLAY SCORE OF THE SONGS.
- You can now disable the automatic displaying of the lyrics of the midifiles, by right clicking on the LYRICS button, and unckeck DISPLAY LYRICS OF THE MIDIFILES
- You can now disable the automatic displaying of the karaoke of the midifiles, by right clicking on the KARAOKE button, and unckeck DISPLAY KARAOKE OF THE MIDIFILES
- Those 2 last options are not on the SAVE STARTUP CONFIG. screen anymore.

Enjoy,

Dan

pax_eterna

Good job Dan.. thanks.
I wrote you an email about a couple of minor issues :)

Dennis

WallyH

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for all your efforts to make vArranger better than ever. I used it yesterday for a Senior Center Birthday Party gig. Outstanding piece of software!!!

Wally

Dan

Neos_TranceZ

I'd love to try this software. Please?

Dan

Sorry, there is no demo version...

Petrounic

Can I try this beta version?! Thank you.

Dan

Beta versions are only for vArranger users.

Let me know if you have any questions about vArranger

Mlaky

So, there is no way to try vArranger before buying it? Right?

Dan

Right...
Let me know if you want any information about vArranger
Dan

Deane

Mlaky,
I have been using Varranger for nearly 2 years now.  I have no regrets about buying it from Dan.  The software is constantly being improved and Dan pays a lot of attention to his users and makes changes we ask for - all for free. 

Dan is an upright guy and all of us who own vArranger have been pleased with how it performs and it's ease of use.

Hope this helps.
Deane

pax_eterna

yep it DOES seem like a lot upfront - but it is money well spent, and in reality is really quite cost effective over time. And it is continually being improved so you are not buying a one-off bit of software that will be redundant in 6- 12 months forcing you to buy the latest version ;) Trust me I have been going through exactly that with both Sonar and B.I.A.B for years!

To be able to buy the software and then get all improvements (not to mention superb support - almost worth the higher price by itself!) for no further charge - forever!!

Dennis

Lionel

Hi

I agree with Deane & Denis.

I am also a happy user of vArranger and use it live all the time.

It has to me the most flexible of live playing setups for an arranger.

Lionel

one

great news......please send me the beta....

pax_eterna

Dan, just a tip - maybe you should edit the thread title with the words "NO free versions available" or similar. Might stop all these folks thinking they can get it fro free.

Dennis

tanus

hello
I'm new on this board....great work!!!
I'd like to test new release......may be possible???
thanks in advance

TANUS

Mlaky

Quote from: Dan on January 23, 2013, 01:05:28 AM
Right...
Let me know if you want any information about vArranger
Dan

1. How it's sound when I change style in "live" mode? (e.g. from Walzer to Polka)
2. Can I save default tempo for each style? On the fly (remember last tempo used) or I must click save button for every tempo save change?
3. Can I edit (work on new) styles?
4. Can vArranger work as VST-Host application (for other plugin - because I plan use it with software sampler) or I must take care for all external plugins individually?

This are only few basic question. Do you have any kind of PDF manual with screenshots of vArranger or something similar? I't will be much easier if I see some screen and possibility of vArranger.

No offense, Dan but I don't plan to pay more than 300 € for something that I hadn't tried it in hands and see how it works.

Regards,

Mlaky

P.S. Sorry, on not so fluent English.  8)

pax_eterna

Quote from: Mlaky on January 28, 2013, 02:32:09 PM

No offense, Dan but I don't plan to pay more than 300 € for something that I hadn't tried it in hands and see how it works.

Regards,

Mlaky

Well, sorry to be blunt, but be prepared to be disappointed then :) You want it you  buy it. Simple as that. If the support and confirmation of the program given by existing users is not enough, then there is not much more to say.

If I remember correctly (and Dan can confirm this) you do realise there is a money back provision (with conditions) if you are not happy?

Dennis

Mlaky

I did not see that there is an refund option.  :-\

In fact, correct me if I wrong, but there is very little information available about vArranger, abilities, etc.

I found a few videos on YouTube, but most of them showing a "clean" playing some songs with basic transitions (change of style variation, fiil in, etc.). I'm not saying that this it's a bad advertisement for vArranger, but it certainly does not show all of its features (at least I think so, although it has not actually seen him live and tried).

I know that Dan certainly has a lot to do with the bug and new features, but since I came to vArranger home page (about couple months), and to this day it say - site is under construction. I think it would be kind of information helpful to users who are like me - before purchasing vArranger. A single picture and a link to PayPal does not inspire confidence to the product.

Is there any kind of PDF manual, screenshots, or something (YouTube video) that show a bit more than first screen of program?

Dan

Yes, you can see some picture screen on the french manual
http://varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,238.0.html

I will answer to all questions you posted here today.

pax_eterna

Quote from: Mlaky on January 30, 2013, 07:33:04 AM
I did not see that there is an refund option.  :-\

In fact, correct me if I wrong, but there is very little information available about vArranger, abilities, etc.

I found a few videos on YouTube, but most of them showing a "clean" playing some songs with basic transitions (change of style variation, fiil in, etc.). I'm not saying that this it's a bad advertisement for vArranger, but it certainly does not show all of its features (at least I think so, although it has not actually seen him live and tried).

I know that Dan certainly has a lot to do with the bug and new features, but since I came to vArranger home page (about couple months), and to this day it say - site is under construction. I think it would be kind of information helpful to users who are like me - before purchasing vArranger. A single picture and a link to PayPal does not inspire confidence to the product.

Is there any kind of PDF manual, screenshots, or something (YouTube video) that show a bit more than first screen of program?

My bad Mlaky - I had not been to the official website for vArranger for some time. I was unaware Dan was re-building the page...sorry about that.

Anyway looks like Dan (as he ALWAYS does) is going to look after you and let you know what you need to know. There is also an English (translation only - but quite good) version of the manual elsewhere on the forum..

Good luck

Dan

Hi Mlaky,

Was you able to download the french manual to see the picture screens?
There is an English pdf here : http://varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,743.0.html

1. How it's sound when I change style in "live" mode? (e.g. from Walzer to Polka)

Perfect. If the first style is playing, the second one will wait for the end of bar before starting.

2. Can I save default tempo for each style? On the fly (remember last tempo used) or I must click save button for every tempo save change?

You must press SAVE for each style you want to save the tempo changes.   There is a TEMPO LOCK feature, if you want to not change the tempo when changing styles.

3. Can I edit (work on new) styles?

You can edit any of the mixer settings, changing sounds, effects, volumes.... for each variation, and save this. But no editing on the styles notes or creating new styles. 
I will add a style creator in a new free version later, for sure.
Because vArranger can play Ketron, Yamaha or Roland styles, You can, for now, use some free tools to convert midifiles to styles that can be played in vArranger.

4. Can vArranger work as VST-Host application (for other plugin - because I plan use it with software sampler) or I must take care for all external plugins individually?

No. vArranger own 3 MIDI OUTS that can be plugged to any hardware synth or external VST host app via a virtual midi cable.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Dan