Ketron SD1000

Started by jan1kow, March 22, 2013, 10:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jan1kow

Any news
I heard it is coming in the about 2 months
jon

angel1000

Hey jon, where did you here that. If only. don't you think we would have a bit more of a marketing blitz than what I see. I'm very skeptical with Ketron, I have been waiting for a year. I hope you are right.

paoloaccordion

I read on the website of Ketron news.

angel1000

Ciao Paolo, Angelo di Canada. Where exactly, i went over the site did not find anything. Has anyone else seen this information. I'm getting excited.

paoloaccordion

Follow this Link It 'was presented to the Musikmesse 2012. Follow this Video. Monday I'll call the ketron to know if it is on the market

angel1000

Yes Paolo it was presented in 2012, all we saw was a box, absolutely no sounds came out of it. The title of this thread was sd1000 in two months and you responded  yeah i saw it. Unfortunately still no date. No one wants it as much as i do. If you are going to call Ketron good luck, let us know if you get anything. As an example the Audya was presented musikmesse 2008, and i think it was put on the market in 2010.

angel1000

the person in the video is giorgio marinangeli. I posted a comment directly on his blog, will see if he answers in the next few days.

angel1000

On synthzone forum ketron there appears to be the first test of an sd1000. Sounds pretty good. Dan I saw you were there, the video is working. Tell me what you think. You'll find it on page 4 or 5.

angel1000

you can also see it in youtube . type in logic58.

Dan

pax_eterna

angel1000

I'll be serial number two

angel1000

I think the gentleman marcello is one of their testers. Most probably Ketron has started their marketing blitz. Expect more demos soon. I emailed Marcello hopefully he will respond. a good assumption to say they are in their final stages of getting ready to bring it to market. What does anyone think about the demo?

paoloaccordion

I know Giorgio Marinangeli The advice concerning these is commercial. I'll call the ketron for more information and will let you know.

angel1000

Just spoke to marcello,the musician who did the demo. He tells me some more demos will be appearing soon from other musicians. Stay tuned.

jan1kow

Angel1000
so who is  marcello, the musician who did the demo.
I like the human voices.
Really wanted the human voices sounds for about 2 years now
So do we expect the cost of SD1000 to be approx. double the price of the SD2?
jon

pax_eterna

sheesh Jon, I hope not!!!  :o

Out here (Oz) the SD2 retailed for near $700!!!! Not at that price now of course! And forget about an Audya, they are still retailing at well over $6000!!

Dennis

jan1kow

THOMANN in Germany sell SD2 cheap for GBP £251
they were £299 about a week ago . maybe thay know something and need to get their old SD2 stock away for the new SD1000 arrival
So Im thinking SD1000 will cost GBP £500-600
jon

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ketron_sd_2.htm
jon

jan1kow

The SD1000 info says 32 midi channels (2x16)
Midi files are normally 16 channels
Does this mean SD100 can play 32 midi channels from midi files?
jon   

pax_eterna

Quote from: jan1kow on March 25, 2013, 12:50:07 AM
THOMANN in Germany sell SD2 cheap for GBP £251
they were £299 about a week ago . maybe thay know something and need to get their old SD2 stock away for the new SD1000 arrival
So Im thinking SD1000 will cost GBP £500-600
jon

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ketron_sd_2.htm
jon

GBP £500-600 this equals around $950 out here...

Dan

Seems that SD2 price will go down, because of the SD1000 coming soon.

The SD1000 has 32 channels. that mean that you will see 2 * SD1000 USB OUT in the midi out lists, like the SD4.

jan1kow

dan
So how many tracks will a midi file play 16 or 32

jan1kow

Dennis
if th SD2 in Australia (oz) is 700 dollars then I think Sd1000 will be nearly double
When the SD2 first came to UK it was £500 GBP Now it is £251 GBP.
I guess the SD1000 will be around £600 GBP . But I hope Im wrong and its cheaper. I dont think less than £500 GBP.........
jon
uk 

jan1kow

Dan
If SD1000 has a USB connection will we connect to computer only with a USB cable therefor NOT needing a midi cable/interface unlesss connecting to other midi devices?
jon

Dan

Yes. You can play 2 midifiles of 16 tracks, or midifiles + melody etc...

pax_eterna

Quote from: jan1kow on March 25, 2013, 01:14:43 AM
Dennis
if th SD2 in Australia (oz) is 700 dollars then I think Sd1000 will be nearly double
When the SD2 first came to UK it was £500 GBP Now it is £251 GBP.
I guess the SD1000 will be around £600 GBP . But I hope Im wrong and its cheaper. I dont think less than £500 GBP.........
jon
uk

Then it is off my list, no matter HOW good it is ;)

Dennis

angel1000

Hi Jon, he is a very nice gentleman. From what he tells me he did the actual splicing, cutting, and putting together of the audya drums.He is a musician and a technician much like our Dan. I emailed him and he answered me both times.  He told me a little about the work he has done on the sd1000, and I am going to ask him to notify me when more demos come out.

angel1000

Hi dennis how are you. I am always interested in knowing what people are using and for what application. If I may ask, what setup do you have that makes you say no so fast.

angel1000

Hi Dan I saw on the french forum you said you hope the sd1000 is compatible with the sd2. We will find out for sure when we have it, but in the meantime I asked Marcello about the percussion mapping, and he answered that it will almost be 100% compatible.The percussion he said 100% and most of the sounds. Dan I'm sure you can ask him better questions than myself, he can be reached at logic1958_at_alice .it      His name is Marcello Colo.

pax_eterna

Quote from: angel1000 on March 25, 2013, 01:42:16 AM
Hi dennis how are you. I am always interested in knowing what people are using and for what application. If I may ask, what setup do you have that makes you say no so fast.

$'s  ;)  WAY too much for a single PCB with only RCA outs...

jan1kow

pax externa
SD1000 has USB also and I think two sound generator chips for 32 midi channels.
This unit may be expensive for what we get but it will probably be 1/6th cost of a full midi Audya workstation.
It is also probably the in top 3 sound modules available in the world.
Also Marcello Colo says to me ''SD 1000 will be on market ..soonest ...just a bit of time to delivery on differents country
Please be patient ........''

jon

angel1000

Marcello is da man. So nice of him to answer all of us.

angel1000

Good news from da man. The sd1000 will be to the midjaypro what the sd2 is to the midjay+. I think good news for varranger. He says within a couple of weeks they will begin selling it. I guess to coincide with Musikmesse 2013.

angel1000

sorry his exact words were within a few weeks. I got too excited I thought i read two.

jan1kow

angel1000

just got confirmation from a moderator on another ketron site, will start shipping a week after musikmesse. The sd1000.

paoloaccordion

I am Italian. I phoned the Ketron for sd 1000. Will be available for sale in Italy after Musikmesse 2013. Soon there will be some demos.

angel1000

grazie,thankyou Paolo. Let me know when you see more demos. Have you heard anything about when the midjaypro will come to market.

jan1kow

So when is Musikmesse 2013 exactly
jon

angel1000

Hey Jon, musikmesse begins on April 10, 2013.  The news is that the midjaypro will not be released the same time as the sd1000. No specific date yet for its release.

jan1kow

Ok so very soon next week.
jon

paoloaccordion

I called at this time the ketron. SD1000 will be on the market by 22 Aprile 2013.

angel1000

Buon lavoro Paolo. Good work Paolo

jan1kow

Thank you paoloaccordion for asking Ketron.
Is there still and Fratelli Crosio factory in Castlefararo?
The Crosio shop closed in Paris about 5 years ago
jon
UK

paoloaccordion

Unfortunately, the Italian brand brothers Crosio was absorbed by the Cinese. the Crosio they sell are now imported. The matter for Italy
By Marco Fisarmoniche to stradella Italy.

jan1kow

paoloaccordion
Thanks for the www.link
I have a crosio accordion so will know where to get repairs if needed now.
Thaks again
jon

angel1000

My dreams have been shattered. I've been told that the Sd1000 will not be identical (in terms of accompagnment) to the midjaypro. Midjay pro will have real audio slices for drums and percussions . Marcello also said  and I quote" Midjay has a dps with insert effect and program much better than Sd1000. I was asking about the accompagnment sounds in the style.

angel1000

Good for ketron all the products will be different from one another. I am going to have to here both and see. We are looking in Canada maybe $650 for the Sd1000, $1800-2100 for the Midjaypro.

one

what is the price for the sd1000. Anyone knows...

jan1kow

so $650 canadian is £418 GBP

jan1kow

angel1000
you say the Midjay pro will have real audio slices for drums and percussions.
Maybe with the SD1000 it is not possible to have real audio slices as the module is driven by an external device like computer laptop etc.
The Midjay pro is a standalone unit with its own os and software etc allowing access to those slices.
jon 

jan1kow

angel1000
The SD1000 does not have accompanyment rhythms- only sounds .
It is only a sound module like the SD2 which needs imformation from external computer etc. to tell it how and when to play the sounds .
jon

jan1kow

angel 1000
you wont need Midjay pro if you use vArranger?
Are those lave precussion drum sounds really that important over all other instruments when blended together to make a complete backing etc. ?
jon

angel1000

hey Jon, well, with the Sd2 and varranger you basically got an sd5. There was no difference (in terms of the arranger) between what a $3500 dollar machine would do vs sd2+computer+varranger.  with this edition the midjay will sound superior to the sd1000+varranger. The styles in the sd5: percussion, accompagnment sounds, were calling sounds that the sd2 had also. The sd2 was the raw ingredients, and the varranger is the styler. You will not be able to make the sd1000 sound like the midjaypro. I am going to have to see once everything is on the market, and see what Dan can do with the sounds from the sd1000, and if he can make the styles work with it, see how that compares to the midjaypro.

Jon , as you know, an arranger deals with illusion, making people believe they are listening to live musicians. The part that has the greatest impact on peoples perception of being "fooled" is the drums and percussion. we'll just have to see. I am still extremely happy with varranger and sd2. I hope the sd1000 plus Dans work will blow the sd2 out of the water, and I hope the midjaypro blows varranger out of the water, so if I choose to buy it is justifiable  (always in the sense of is the illusion real)

angel1000

Jon, reading back on your comments i will make a few statements. The sound module could of have streaming of audio samples, ketron just chose not to go that route. an audya for example has the sounds(hardware) and the styles (software) built it, so what.  The audya is a sound module, and Ketron could have run it with an external software. The varranger is the software that does all the calling. The limitaion is not that the sd1000 is only a sound module, the limitation is going to be what technology ketron put into it. I guess they want differentiation between an sd1000, a midjaypro, and the audya. In Ketrons terms, what are you willing to pay for the illusion of live musicians.

jan1kow

angel1000
We will have to wait and see what ketron put into SD1000?
If they put live precussion sounds in Sd1000 is there any software available NOW that could deal with this? (I think not?). 
I would not pay the cost of midjay pro just to get the small number of live sound loops.
Audiences are not actually that observant?
Jon

Dan

I don't understand why Ketron did not sliced audya drums. that's why we get problem with Audya.
Now they did it with the midjaypro. It's more smart.
Maybe those will be the same drums as on the Audya, but no more streamed from the hard drive?

Wait and see.

angel1000

Hey Jon it is not only the live sound loops, it is also the sounds that accompany the styles. I asked Marcello , in his opinion, if the midjay comes close to the Audya. He aswered in some ways better because the styles are more flexible. I am hoping for a revolution in sound and I'm glad Ketron is hopefully giving us choices at different price points.

angel1000

jan1kow

angel1000
This ketron link that Claudio has given now gives us more details about the Sd1000.
I forgot the audio loops also are for some instruments. 
jon

angel1000

Ya Jon I saw that link at 4:00 am on April 10, 2013. Its fine its the specs. I enjoy people's impressions of what they think. For example Marcello has worked hands on, on both machines and I enjoy his perspective and comparison of the two machines. I seek news that is not available to the general public. I assume that everyone that is a ketron fan was aware of what went up on the site april 10 2013. I simply asked someone to decipher that information in terms of how it sounded to them. I think Marcello is quite content with the sd1000, but it is the midjaypro that will have the latest technology.

angel1000

I just can't believe this company in terms of marketing. Two days at Musikmesse and not one youtube clip either about the sd1000 or the midjaypro. The site on ketron concerning the sd1000, the demo does not work, there is nothing there.

pax_eterna

But the burning question is HOW MUCH???!!! for the SD1000 or Midjay Pro.....enquiring minds would like to know ;)

angel1000

Hey Pax good to see we are having a good time. When the original midjay came out is was about $1850 Canadian, and the sd2 was about $450.

pax_eterna

Out here the original Midjay was $2695  :o

angel1000

If I remember out here is Australia right. Why so expensive, and was it not posssible to get it from another country

pax_eterna

No, other countries were banned from shipping outside their zones because of Ketron restrictions...and the Australian ( :) you got it right ) price is set by Ketron Italy, not the local distributor of which there is only one!!

They (Ketron) give almost NO support to the Oz guy as it is such a small market for them, and it is a small market because of the pricing. I even once got AJ to ask Italy to provide me with an ex demo (even a factory prototype) Audya, and I was going to go around the major stores and do in-store demos for them...I have owned an SD1+ and a Midjay in the past, so I already had an understanding of how they worked. But Ketron said not interested.

The local guy is primarily a piano store, and no staff there know much about arrangers in general let alone Ketrons ;)

Dennis

jan1kow

Agree that I have anxiously been hoping for a youtube musikmesse 2013 Ketron demo etc.
But then ketron showed us an empty shell SD100 demo one year ago at same show???

It sounds difficult for you guys in Australia.
But you have much sunshine. lol
We have ketron, smow and cold rain.
jon

angel1000

At Musikmesse 2013 somebody recorded someone playing the audya controlling a midjay or a sd1000. It is awful. taped too far away from the speakers, you here more the ambient music coming out of the other rooms. Talk about rain and cold weather, a freak snowstorm in Montreal quebec canada.

angel1000

Is it just my computer? If you go to ketron.it and click musikmesse 2013 and then click sd1000 demo, you get a blank page. Oh my God.

jan1kow

jan1kow

So Ketron SD1000 apparently launched at musikmesse 2013 and yet nothing on the WWW?
jon

angel1000

I blogged giorgio marinangeli, the presenter, go to his blog and see what he replied.

jan1kow

Ok so who actually is Giorgio Marinangeli ?
I dont read Italian
scrive:   
aprile 14, 2013 alle 9:20 am   

Due to the period of crisis, keton reduced its working group too, so , there was not the possibility to publish video or other material directly from the fair.
Some recordings were made, I think you will able to see this videos on the ketron web site in the coming days.
I was at the fair and I can tell you this:
I had a good feeling, so many people came to see the ketron product.

Gp1 has a great sound, you can hear the resonance of the strings and all the nuances of a large acoustic piano.
SD1000 has a great sound and wave table seems very complete and convincing.
Midjpro now includes a professional style section.
Ketron's team is working to create new style to be included in midjpro.
Good is the new usb-card reader, with this new module, you can update old instruments like sd1, x1, etc. ..

For all other matters, remember: this is my personal blog, it is not the ketron blog.

angel1000

He is a person who from the software side  and electronics worked on the audya for four years, and on the midjay. He is also the person they send to Musikmesse to do the presentations and explain the machines to the people.

angel1000

It  is just my responses to him and his responses that are relevant, they are all in english. He's basically saying they had to cut a lot of people from ketron, so no time for marketing, etc. It is a company that is technologically incredible, but they could use some support in customer service, as varranger does so well. Read what he answers me aftwerwards, and you'll see what I mean.

jan1kow

aNGEL1000
Its interesting what Giorgio says. He talks about not reproduce audio parts with varranger etc.
Think he means like audio drum and guitar loops in Audya styles.
The midi sounds are good for me for now.
If one day Dan can get the audio samples we can have the same sounds.
Audya etc. is just a dedicated computer for playing styles.   
jon

angel1000

Hey Jon, ya i'm interpreting him a little diffeently. He is not aware of what varranger can do, because I had to correct him, and he gets upset at a program trying to sync up to the Audya. He feels the Audya should only be used as a real time arranger.I told him not everyone  has those needs.  and he gave me an italian expression don't mix water with wine, it ruins the wine. That in a nutshell is what Ketron needs to work on. Supporting their customer base, which is there market,looking at new ways of using something. Get the input of user groups, etc. Look at varranger, one of its biggest reasons for its success is because the owner is constantly listening to ideas from his users.

angel1000

I think with reference to what you are saying, he is saying that midi can not control the audio samples. So how does Band in a box do it. How do they use that chord template to trigger the audio samples. All I wanted was a different way to input chord changes. I am not proficient enough in programming to know how to build that software.

Dan

Don't talk him too much about vArranger.
He says that the Audya is a realtime arranger, and not a Slave to a computer program.
This is the end of the story...

angel1000

paoloaccordion

The vArranger is a very valid. For Ketron Korg or Yamaha or is a competitor. So you have respect for Dan who created this wonder. If you want to play with the same characteristics that the Audya bought the instrument directly. The right thing is to insist on sound cards like sd2 or SD1000.

angel1000

The subject was closed Paolo, Since you commented i will answer you directly. Do not assume why Dan told me not to speak about varranger. Secondly I only want the sounds of an audya or anything else for that matter if I can control it with a chord program. I am a singer and a percussionist, do not wish to trigger chords from a keyboard if i don't have to. I am looking for creative ways to use things if possible. Yes the sd1000 will probably be an improvement, it is not the only solution, will be most probably the one i use. Thankyou for your comment if you  ever want to continue this discussion we can do it in Italian  at   angelo_garofalo@videotron.ca

jan1kow

Got a email newsletter from Ketron about SD1000 but still nowhere is selling it?
jon

angel1000

Hey jon, i got the same email. good to see you are ON THE BALL. I am going to call the canadian distributor, let you know.

jan1kow

Angel
Let me know what they say. 
Im getting impatient now. lol
jon

angel1000

I put a call to italmelodie (canadian distributor) and cmc (american distributor). They said they will call me back by tomorrow with news. Unfortunately Ketron does not have the users manual nor the software yet up on their site. Hang in there Jon I am pretty excited myself. Hopefully I can get a few companies competing against one another for the price, don't want to pay a high fee for being the first.

pax_eterna

its way off my shopping list out here in Oz, way to exxy!!

jan1kow

its a pity things need to be so expensive for you in Australia.
Is everything like that or just Ketron?
Cant you but from europe?
I guess you would need to pay high taxes and shipping?
Maybe a friend visiting UK/europe in the summer could buy it and not declare as new at customs - just saying it is theirs and already used?
Is that too risky and complicated??
jon

Dan

pax_eterna

Quote from: jan1kow on May 17, 2013, 11:53:27 AM
its a pity things need to be so expensive for you in Australia.
Is everything like that or just Ketron?
Cant you but from europe?
I guess you would need to pay high taxes and shipping?
Maybe a friend visiting UK/europe in the summer could buy it and not declare as new at customs - just saying it is theirs and already used?
Is that too risky and complicated??
jon

No it is just Ketron. Other makers are close to par with other countries on pricing. You see on the price that Dan gave in Euros, well that is about $620 Oz - BUT the retail price of the SD1000 here is nearly $895 I am told, and the dealer reckons it is not him gouging the price, but rather the price he is forced to pay for it himself from Ketron.

But your idea of asking someone to buy from Europe has merit :) The power adaptor would be the only hassle, but I am sure a replacement could be found out here....

Dennis

paoloaccordion

jan1kow

he price is out at- Prezzo*: € 399,00
Paolo are they selling it then?
jon

paoloaccordion

Tomorrow I'll call the Ketron for more details

angel1000

Alright good news, the price is out. So 399 euros is about $520 Canadian. Like I said a long time ago (lucky guess) under $600. I guess they hope on selling a lot of them at that price.

Dan

Ketron Italian prices are often lower than outside Italia.

Lionel

Hey Dennis,
We need to work together and see what we can find out how to get SD 1000 to here in Aussie land for a reasonable price.

Lionel

pax_eterna

With you 100% on that Lionel :)

Lionel

What we need is somebody who can get the best deal overseas with exchange rate to match and postage and we buy from them. Namely somebody like Dan (sorry mate) who already has a system for us to pay. And of course the power supply we need to do some homework on that end.

Lionel.

Dan

I am sure that you can find a normal dealer in europe or usa who accepts to send to australia.
Wait and see when it will be in the market, to find the cheaper

jan1kow

Customs Import tax is the problem probably adding about 25% onto the cost?

angel1000

Wow I guess they are trying to discourage from buying foreign. Twenty-five per cent is high. We being another commonwealth nation have about a thirteen percent consumption tax.

pax_eterna

Quote from: jan1kow on May 19, 2013, 08:54:18 PM
Customs Import tax is the problem probably adding about 25% onto the cost?

Yes I think that is one of the issues. I.T. and music gear cops a fairly hefty import duty in Oz. It is not 25% afaik but it is substantial. Trouble with getting it from OS is the ridiculously high shipping costs. For example from England it would cost about 35 pounds (approx $70) and from the USA around $65 - so even if you pick up a cheaper "buy" price the cost of shipping makes it not all that economical. And with the Oz $ now falling against the US $, it will get even worse...

You know they have sold only about 4 Audyas in Oz...too expensive with NO help from "team" Ketron ;)

Dennis

jan1kow

I bought a USB pedal form US delivered to me in UK the shipping/delivery company also charge 2.5% a handling charge for collecting the import tax on behalf of the customs department.
jon

pax_eterna

By the way if anyone wants to sell off a cheap used SD2 or 4 to buy the SD1000...send me a PM I might be interested in buying one :)

Dennis

Dan

The SD1000 is on his way to my home :)

angel1000

Dan where did u buy it from, and how much you lucky guy.

Dan

Not sure if I can say..  ::)

I hope it will come tomorrow or Monday.

angel1000

Interesting, not sure if I can say HUHUm. That's alright. Let us know how it sounds.

Dan

MY KETRON SD1000 IS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)

First good news... the SD1000 is USB powered.

You just need to plug a USB cable to use it.

angel1000

SOOO Dan, don't forget to keep us up to date as you go through the machine, you have a lot of excited people on the other end.

Dan

The SD1000 sound is amazing !!!!....

it's a good step since the SD2.

Drums are live, bass are incredible !!!

Piano is the same as SD2 :(

It's not 100% compatible with the SD2, so styles sounds different.

Some drums and other sounds are missing.

Volumes are also different.  Bass and drum are very present.

Will post a video demo, as soon as I finished to add the SD1000 sound list to vArranger

angel1000

that's the response we like Dan. Keep it coming, and I hope we can get it soon in Canada.

jan1kow

Dan
so all volume ballancing will need to be re-done for our saved styles and midi files etc.
Thats a big editing job.
Hopefully any bass I have at volume 100 for SD2 can all be set to say vol 90? for SD1000 etc. 
what about reverb CC#91 as I always found it was needing to be set high on SD2. 
jon

jbg31792

Dan,

Why don't you sell the SD1000?

I'd rather buy it from you, since you're doing all the work supporting it with the vArranger2 and answering questions.

John

Dan

You are 100% right...  I will ask to Ketron

Dan

Already found 5 bugs in the SD1000 :)

Dan

For now, we can't use the SD1000, because of a bug in DRUMS and PERC selection.
I am waiting an answer from Ketron

jan1kow

Dan
I wish Ketron had the common sense to send the SD1000 to you for testing before this.
We like Ketron but they are silly and have stupid ways to deal with things.
They give themselves unecessary trouble and bad name which could easily be avoided.
They should have sent out 10xSD1000 demos to people like you who are reputable to test this first.
I bet it takes many months for them to fix bugs and make new software SD1000 versions now.
Jon
UK   

Dan

Yes... so bad...
I sent an email to Ketron about testing the SD1000 long time ago, but never get any answer.

jan1kow

Dan
For you to sell SD1000 you would need to be the sole importer in France I think.
Also WEEE waste ..... etc

The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive) is the European Community directive 2002/96/EC on waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) which, together with the RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC, became European Law in February 2003. The WEEE Directive set collection, recycling and recovery targets for all types of electrical goods, with a minimum rate of 4 kilograms per head of population per annum recovered for recycling by 2009. The RoHS Directive set restrictions upon European manufacturers as to the material content of new electronic equipment placed on the market.

The symbol adopted by the European Council to represent waste electrical and electronic equipment comprised a crossed out wheelie bin with or without a single black line underneath the symbol. The black line indicates that goods have been placed on the market after 2005, when the Directive came into force.[1] Goods without the black line were manufactured between 2002 and 2005. In such instances, these are treated as "historic weee" and falls outside

jan1kow

They are bad Dan.
They mean well but  give themselves problems
jon

jan1kow

Maybe we can make them fix Sd1000 bugs quickly if nobody buys the SD1000 untill we know of the situation with the bugs??

jon

Dan

I think they will correct this soon...because it's a new product.

jan1kow

Hope so because I want a SD1000 soon.
jon

angel1000

Dan If Ketron does not answer in a reasonable time, let me know, we'll ask everyone from varranger to send an email.

angel1000

I just got an email from Ketron, I told them someone had found some bugs,they answered back which bugs. So they responded quite quickly, Dan have they answereed you yet.

Dan

At witch email address?

angel1000

You go to ketron.it, and send them an email through the contact portal. I already told them someone was testing the sd1000 and found five bugs.

jan1kow

Angel
I think we should give ketron reasonable time to reply to Dan.
Then if they dont play fair we could try some tactics.
We dont want to get their back up against us.
I dont think their management skills are like most other companies.
I think Ketron as a bit diffrent from normal companies and we should be a little patient to start.
jon

Dan

Yes. If everyone ask to ketron, they will become upset.
They corrected the SD2 bugs I signaled in the past. So they will for the SD1000 too.

angel1000

absolutely jon, when the General says march, we march. All I want to say eventually,giving them a reasonable time, there are a lot of people from varranger looking to buy an sd1000. If the bug or bugs Dan mentionned to you are not fixed we can't possibly purchase the sd1000 yet. Today I was very pleased that they answered on the same day. By them answering promptly, I am pretty sure they will work to correct the problem in a timely manner. Dan let me know, if you wish,  when you get a response.

angel1000

I am reading everyone well, I will not create any waves.

Dan

2 more bugs found.
I will not risk to play at the wedding tomorrow with the SD1000. I will take the good old SD2 on the air plane.

jan1kow

Dan,
You say SD1000 is also USB powered.
If power from mains supply is it still a 9V mains plug they supply like Sd2. 
Are volumes od instruments different that we will need to re-ballance all styles and midi files for Sd1000.
Are reverb types much different  and the sysex codes different for SD1000 reverb types.
jon

Dan

SD2 is 12V 
SD1000 is 9V like SD4
Global volume from SD1000 seems lower than SD2 in the L/R out.
I need more time to test.
Reverb is different. The sysex seems different too, but not sure.

jan1kow

Dan
Where were you playing that you were in a airplane?
Have you heard anything from Ketron on the SD1000 bugs.
Did they even acknowlege your email to then.
jon

Dan

In Saint-Tropez (south France)
My setup was so small, that I was able to take it as a cabin baggage.
The sound man had a X stand for me. I have found a small box to put my new Microsoft Surface Pro.
Too much sun, but still readable.
Wedding on the beach... It was beautiful

About the SD1000, I have good news. Ketron gave me an answer with a workaround for the drums problem. Even if it's not 100% nice, it seems to work OK.
I have to continue more tests, and release the first vArranger for SD1000 version.

angel1000

hey Dan, the computer looks amazing. So let me understand is Varranger touch sensitive because it is running on the surface.

Dan

Any computer with touch screen will let you touch vArranger with your finger on the screen

angel1000

Hey Dan, any more news on the sd1000? Are you still enjoying it, how are the horns, the guitars. Is it a major step from the sd2?

Dan

Some good things...
Some less good things.
From the manual, they removed the drum mixer, to be able to change volume, reverb... of some drum notes
Removed the Drawbars, the FM, the LFO2,
Changed some sounds, removed some drumkits, changed some guitar and bass noises...
So a direct replacement from the SD2 with SD5 styles is not 100% perfect

But they added, some good sounds. The effects FX dsp are powerfull (still need to test it), the polyphony is a lot better than SD2.
It is more reactive, and USB powered.

Audio out level is low.  L & R are inverted in the headphone out.

Many sounds of the SD1000 are multisounds inside.

The next version of vArranger will add the Ketron SD1000 support.

I will record a demo for you

angel1000

Hi Dan, when you integrate the sd1000 into varranger, are you going to be able to play the old sd5 styles with the new drums. Also will you be uprading the sounds on the accompagnment parts. Is my question clear?

Dan

Yes, you can play SD5 styles, but they don't sound the same.
Some sounds have bee changed, and SD5 styles sounds sometimes strange.
By the way, they improved the drums... etc, so every style will profit from the new sounds.
The HIHATS and other cymbals are particulary good.

angel1000

Dan, is it possible,  to redo the ketron styles to fit the sd1000? . Is the sd1000 going to be the defacto standard as the sd2 is, or is it because the sd1000 does not have styles it will not be possible.

Dan

I think the SD2 + SD5 styles is a very good couple.

Not all SD5 styles can be played with the SD1000

But maybe the new midjay pro styles?

angel1000

So Dan, forgeting about the midjpro, I don't think they are going to be compatible in styles,what is the sd1000 going to do in terms of the varranger. The sd1000 will not be as intertwined as the sd2. Basically for sure one can transfer the drums onto the sd5 styles. I guess your are saying the acompagnments will not be possible. I would use the drum tracks of the varranger styles and transfer them into my midifiles through the chord matrix, midi export, Will I still be able to do that with the sd1000

angel1000

are you going to setup , in varranger, the different variations, fills, etc, so that we have easy access

angel1000

for what you said about the midjpro, I guess we will have to wait to see what sounds they use in the accompagnment parts of the styles, if they are going to have the same soundbanks. I know that the drums are going to be completely audio.We will have to wait and see, unless you know something already.