News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Thanks To Dan

Started by Bernie9, May 02, 2012, 09:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I am always a little late to the party, but I have been using vArranger as my first choice the last few weeks.

I am still amazed at how intuitive and stable it is with my SD2, and it is just the right size for a couple of my weekly gigs.  I tried Hallion Sonic but I am afraid I am adding complexity wiithout a much better return.

I have been using some of the Yamaha styles, and they make a great addition.

You guys already know all this but better late than never.

One question is if anybody has found the perfect controller with enough sliders and knobs, with a good keybed ?

Bernie

Dan

Hi Bernie,

Thank you so much for your words. I am working hard on rewriting some of the code behind the style engines.
Ketron, Yamaha and Roland style formats own some similarities and also many differences.
I am trying to analyse every aspect of each format and think about the future of vArranger

This work is at first a little bit ingrate, because I spend tons of time before seeing the results of the efforts.

So, your message is just coming at the right moment :)

Vasik

Hi Bernie!
No controller at this time to have enough sliders and knobs to  control the vArranger.
The best midi controller now is Novation 61 SL MKII, with this piece you'll get more controls in vArranger
then with other controllers. You can assign all knobs, sliders, pads and transport buttons.

Vasik.

Bernie9

Thanks Vasik,
That was my first choice, but I wasn't sure how good the keybed was.

Bernie

Vasik

The keybed is nice and  you can even adjust the velocity however you want.
I have it and I'm using it with vArranger and i really like it.
You can go to the store and check the demo before you buy it.

Vasik. 

Bernie9

I have an Axiom61(1st gen) and works okay. although not enough knobs and sliders.  Now that I am getting serious about vArranger for gigging, I am trying to justify $500 as opposed to adding a Korg Nano.  It would be more practical but more cumbersome.  If I can find a dealer close by, will try it out.