News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

iPad 2

Started by 77irish, December 20, 2011, 02:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77irish

Can vArranger2 load and run on the iPad 2?

I would like to run it from an iPad with the Ketron SD2 using the Alesis i/o Dock and midi bass pedals (Roland PK5). I want to make sure everything is compatable. Thanks

Dan

No...

What can be done in future is controlling vArranger from the iPad (by midi/bluetooth/wifi)

vArranger is still running on a PC with Windows

77irish

what set up do you suggest I use?

Dan

What is your actual setup? and what is your need?

77irish

Right now I use the Ketron Midjay. I mostly write and play my own straight midi files. People/musicians have been asking me about getting into the MIDI world. Buying Ketron gear and obtaining or writing midi file themselves is just too much of a first step. And it means spending a lot of time and money.
Through the research I have done I've decided that they're right. It does cost way too much money.  I think that a tablet based software with all of the functionality the Ketron, Roland, Yamaha etc. (midi files, styles mp3s) in conjunction with, let's say, a less expensive module such as the Ketron SD2 would open up the midi world to so many more performers than ever.  Not everyone can afford to pay $1,800 for a MidJay, and few of them will have a "backup" Midjay.
A tablet based software with everything backed up on PC is the safest and cheapest way to go. If something goes wrong - I'd rather replace an SD2 than replace a Midjay!

Dan

I have a HP TM2 touch screen PC who is working very good.
There is many other touch screen computers that can be found.

I think when Windows 8 will be released, a lot more windows tablets will go out, at low price.

Most of today's computers can run vArranger, it does not need so much power.

Recently some vArranger musicians used it on a Acer W500 tablet pc. I am waiting for their review.

You can also buy a Ketron SD2 to get the same sound as the midjay plus.

Use good midi interfaces like Roland UM-1.

To start playing, you can use your midjay as sound module, and any computer without touch screen. Just plug your midi instrument on it.

Regards,

Dan

77irish

I have a Midjay, Midjay plus, and an SD2.

So, if I get a tablet where Windows 7 is the operating system the vArranger will work?

Dan

YES and you are ready to play?

What is your midi instrument?

77irish

I have Ketron K8 bass pedals

Dan

do you play music only with a bass pedal board?

77irish

not really, but I would with the vArranger2. Where can I buy the software?

Dan

77irish

vArranger2 will play standard midi files as well - correct?  It will alson display the lyrics too - right?  Is there a demo version somewhere?

Dan

Yes, vArranger plays the midifiles and displays the lyrics too.
No demo available.

77irish

I see you have sent a demo to others? I want to try it on my laptop. If it fulfils my needs, I will buy two.

77irish

I trying to tell my friend that this is the way to go. I can't vouch for it unless I know it's the right thing for us.

77irish

There is just not enough information out there for me to spend $450 on this software.  Very little info in English. Just some gray-haired guy playing slow waltzes on an accordion. What pedals is he usinging, can you assign functions to the pedal. I have a million questions, with nowhere to get answers. I need to try it out.

Deane

77Irish,
Dan has stopped sending Demos because of Piracy issues.  The software is outstanding and runs flawlessly on Windows 7.   I have had the software now for about 9 or 10 months and gig with it on a regular basis.   My setup is simple. I use a Roland A-800 Pro controller and run the software on my Apple MacBook Pro running Windows 7.   I have my controller setup such that sliders and buttons act very much like any Arranger keyboard. 

I have some videos on this forum and some a link to some sample songs which I posted about 7 months ago.  The software works best with the Ketron SD2 unit and does play the Yamaha styles up to and including the Tyros 4 styles.  I also own a Tyros 4 so I know how they should sound. 

If you asked anyone on this forum you would get very favorable comments concerning Dan.  His support for the product is outstanding and he is quick to respond to our questions and needs.   You are correct in your comments about a missing "English" version of the manual.   I do believe Dan should consider creating one - meanwhile, most of us use Google Translator and translate the sections of the manual we need.

Ask questions on this forum - you will get honest straight forward answers from actual users.

Deane
Texas, USA

Dan

Yes, the last demo version was sent 7 month ago, and we don't have created them anymore. I had too much problems with demo versions.

What we can do if you want to know more about the software, is that you take the control of my computer via internet, and navigate thru vArranger...

Deane

77Irish,
Dan and I have been on the internet together several times.  It works very well and is a great opportunity to see and hear how vArranger works and sounds. 

Deane

Brian

Most people on this forum use their own name .......   I'm Brian and Irish

You dont sound Irish to me  !

Please change your name !!

Dan

In other words, 77Irish, What is your name?  :)