News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

NEW : VERSION 1.14 IS READY !

Started by Dan, September 28, 2011, 05:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Hello everyone,

The Version 1.14 of vArranger is available for download.

Here's what's new in this update:

1) INS : In addition to the Ketron SD2, it is now easier to select the sounds of any MIDI synthesizer[/ b]!
vArranger will display the sounds list of your module.
vArranger is compatible with the .INS File Format (Cakewalk Instrument Definition).
Many of those .INS files are available online and soon in the download section of our forum.

• To enable the INS feature, click on LOAD and select an INS file. This will import the sound set into vArranger, and display a new screen with the list of sounds.

A new INS button  is added to be able to display this screen at any time (at the top right of groups of sounds: PIANO, E. PIANO ...)

• If you click with the right mouse button on the INS button, vArranger will display the folder of the INS files.
  • To change sounds, click on one of the 16 tracks, and then click on the INS button. This new screen will allow you to navigate trough all the installed INS files, synths, banks and to select ont of the 128 sounds of the displayed bank. Once the INS screen opened, you can also click on other tracks, to change the sounds.
2) Double click on one of the 16 tracks opens the SOUND EDIT screen. Once this window is opened, a simple clic on other tracks, will update the SOUND EDIT screen.

3) SAVE SOUND : The following parameters were added to the sounds saving :

Attack
Decay
Sustain
Release
Wha-Wha On/Off
Wha-Wha Amount
Filter CutOff Freq
Filter Resonance
LFO1 speed
LFO1 delay
LFO1 depth - Vibrato
LFO2 speed
LFO2 delay
LFO2 depth - Sweep
LFO2 depth - Tremolo
Pitch Bend sensivity
Portamento
Potamento time
Monophonic

You can change all the parameters of the 5 tracks RIGHT1/2/3/4/2NDVoice and create that way new, rich and powerful sounds !

3) (OPTIONS/)MIDI EVENT LIST : This new screen displays all the events contained in the current MIDIFILE or YAMAHA STYLE.

4) MIDI MONITOR: Down in the (OPTIONS/)CONTROLLERS window, you will see the MIDI events entering vArranger scrolling (excluding sysex, active sensing and midi clock). This can be useful to know what your MIDI instruments and controllers are sending.

5) (OPTIONS/)CONTROLLERS : If a PC KEY, a MIDI button, etc... is already assigned to a function of vArranger, it is not possible anymore to assign it to another function. An information message will be displayed.

6) TAP TEMPO : You can set a new tempo, by clicking the beat with the right mouse button on the big TEMPO knob. You can assign a key in (OPTIONS/)CONTROLLERS for TAP TEMPO.

7) Better displaying quality for scores.

8)Open scores in .tif

9) Other improvements and fixes...

Various fixes :

1) MIDIFILES : Fixed the display of the progress bar and the beat counter when there are more than 255 measures or when the file does not contain signature information (eg 4 / 4)

2) SONG CHORDS : Paste X measures : Does not work properly, the problem is now corrected.

3) When switching from one song to another, the SONG CHORDS window was not refreshed, if the second song had no chords or markers (Main A...)

4) Ketron Styles: If there are sounds changes in the middle of the loop, they will be properly reset at the beginning of the loop.

5) The Reverb type list was not fully displayed on some screens.

And as usual, the update is FREE for all owners of a vArranger license.

So ENJOY !!

Dan

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
where do we download it from??
best wishes
Rikki

jan1kow

download always seems a mystery?
I think its always the same link you have by previous email from dan?
Keep using the same link every new version.
jon

rikkisbears

Hi Jon,
thanks.

Hi Dan
I downloaded from my  previous link (actually have 2)  the newest one doesn't work, the prior one did work.  Software says vers.1.14, but song chord doesn't work.midi event list doesn't work & I can't find ins button??

Maybe I've done something wrong.

I gather you're on vacation Dan, enjoy, don't worry I can wait till you get back, it's not urgent. I'll just use my earlier version for time being.

diatonik

Bonjour Dan
"Bravo , c'est du bon travail, mais j'aimerais que tu rétablisses le "Coarse tuning" dans le SOUND EDIT car cela me dépannait bien lorsque j'avais une piste qui sonnait mal. Merci.
You're the Best.

jan1kow

rikkisbears
For song chord export you have to attemp the export featureupto approx 4-20 times as it is still has a bug.
It will work if you keep trying.
As a rough guide I find usually the 2 pink moving/process boxes end up after the last bar if it worked.
Jon

rikkisbears

Hi Jon,
did you mean my original software download, or a download for an Update.
I've never had an update before.

Quote from: jan1kow on September 28, 2011, 10:13:02 PM
download always seems a mystery?
I think its always the same link you have by previous email from dan?
Keep using the same link every new version.
jon

Deane

Dan,
Downloaded the new version and it works great.  Only thing is I don't see the
"INS' button anywhere on my screen.

Deane

fazfaz

Deane

First go to the download topics of the forum and load a .ins file (for instance roland, yamaha or bk7 m).

Create an ins folder in the varranger data folder and place the .ins file in it.

Load the ins file in varranger. You see a table with all the patches of the ins and the ins button appears.

If you have no roland or yamaha hardware, the ins is not useful for you. You have to wait ins for your own hardware. If you are using Ketron it's unuseful.

Excuse my "French_English".

Dan

Hey, I am back !

To my all dear English users : Sorry   The mystery is revealed here :

Releasing a new version can take me some hours... Build it, Upload it, write news in French and English forum ...
I had a limited amount of time, but started to release the 1.14 before my departure.

I then realized that I will not have time enough to finalize the english translation, and put it straight away, uncompleted...

I just corrected it now. You can read again the full 1.14 news description.

About the INS button, it will be visible only if you click on LOAD and load an INS file. (People who only use Ketron SD2 doesn't need it)

You don't have to create any folder manually.

INS files will be uploaded here :
http://www.varranger.fr/vforum/index.php?topic=479.0

Just tell us witch synthesizer you want to connect to vArranger, and we will find for you the right INS file with its sound list.

If you are updating for the first time, just email me, I will explain to you everything privately.

Lionel

Dan

Thanks for the update.

Used yesterday live and no issues. (With a new laptop -Win 7- 64 bit)

In regards to the parameters  and the saving of them - Can we have a basic description of what each parameter does.
This could help with understanding the usefullness of the parameters.

Lionel

rikkisbears