News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Which is Best Way to Load VArranger??

Started by rikkisbears, September 07, 2011, 07:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
just got my link for download, trying to decide which option to use.

I basically  only use the one laptop, but what happens if I upgrade??

Or , if I put it onto USB stick, what if it gets faulty?

Reason I ask is, I dropped my laptop & broke the hardrive ( fortunately covered by insurance).
After it was repaired, I went to load my data back in from my 6 month old imoga USB hardrive & discovered to my horror, it was faulty.
Been a bit paranoid since about having lots of back ups.

Bernie9

Hi Rikki

Dan has you covered in any situation.

Basically, the license is housed wherever you want it.  Mine is a pen drive used as as a dongle.  It authorizes the vArranger program wherever it resides.  If your pc goes out, download another copy and authorize.

You should back up your " Data Folder" which contains your settings.

If you lose your pen drive, Dan will help you with a little more work on his part.

Dan is always there for you.

Bernie

rikkisbears

Thanks Bernie,
I'll use pen drive option.

best wishes
Rikki

Deane

Hi Rikki,
I just posted on the other thread about the pen drive option.  That is what I used.  Bernie is right - just make sure the Data folder in vArranger get backed up because that is where all your personalized stuff will live.  It is really pretty simple because it is a simple Windows folder design and easily understood. 

Can't wait to here what you think about this after you play with it for a few days. 

Deane

Lionel

Hi Guys,

My two bob worth is that if using a laptop I prefer Licence to harddrive as USB using the USB port which may be needed for External devices
and in my case all USB ports are used that is 3 plus I have one connected to USB expansion so in total I use 6 USB device to play live.

Also a USB dongle is easier to lose in a live play moving scenario.

A harddrive failing is a lot less than losing a dongle

Hey my 2 bob nothing more

Just so you can see another view point

And yes Dan is only an e-mail away and very reliable :)

Lionel

Bernie9

I tried transferring my license from pen drive to laptop with no success.  How do you do it ?

rikkisbears

Hi Bernie,
I think it was an option when you first downloaded your software. Either straight to pc or to pen drive.

best wishes
Rikki

Bernie9

Deane

Bernie,
You can't transfer the key from the thumb drive to a PC or from a PC to a thumb drive.  I am using a thumb drive for my key because I often work on my desktop as well as my laptop then transfer the data folder to my laptop for gigs.   Right now I am spending time getting back up to speed with vArranger and trying to remember where in the process I was before my SD2 unit broke.  So far I have played through about 80 songs that I setup for gigs.  My next project will be to eliminate those (Yamaha) styles which really don't sound good without serious tweaking from all the hundreds I have setup through the years on my Yamaha keyboards. 

It is good to be back.

Deane

Bernie9

It's been a long wait for you Deane.  I am sure you will be up to speed in no time.  I am better off with the pendrive as long as I remember to take with me.  That is the only reason for my question plus taking up a USB port.

Bernie

jan1kow

Bearnie
Cant you copy the pen drive and use a back up pen drive copy cept in your car etc?
jon

Dan

For licence protections, you can ask me privately for your need. I try to adapt to each situation.

Deane, if there is some styles that you love and you think it is not sounding good without big tweakings, you can send them to me.

I know that I can still improve more the Tyros engine