News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Hi Guys, Just Purchased V Arranger

Started by rikkisbears, September 07, 2011, 04:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikkisbears

Hi Guys,
just splashed out and bought my VArranger. Dan was very helpful with a a couple of midifiles I asked if he could do for me.
So here I am.
I guess I'm waiting on an email with instructions for the download??
Dan, the ordering process thru Pay Pal was easy enough, but, unless I missed it, there didn't seem to be any instructions about how the order is to be delivered? ie something along the lines of , we'll email  you a link within the next  24 hours  ( or whatever).
Only reason I mention it is, a lot of the online software is downloadable immediately after payment, and at first I thought maybe I had done something wrong.
Might just put a buyers mind at ease.

Lionel

Hi Rikkibears,

Welcome to our happy world of vArranger users.

Well at least I am happy ;D

Rest assured Dan will provide details what is required, probably having a snooze right now!

Yes it is true most online software have automated processing on orders but that depends on your processing budget too.

Anyways, please feel free to pick our brains to get you up to speed.

Regards
Lionel

Dan

Hi Rikki,

Thank you for your new purshase. To avoid problems, the download link is created manually, and need my personal touch.

I will send you all the instructions now...

Regards,

Dan

ps : You are from Australia like LIONEL :)

rikkisbears

Hi Lionel,
thank you.

Dan just mentioned you're an Aussie too. I'm in Port Stephens NSW.

Quote from: Lionel on September 07, 2011, 06:51:39 AM
Hi Rikkibears,

Welcome to our happy world of vArranger users.

Well at least I am happy ;D

Rest assured Dan will provide details what is required, probably having a snooze right now!

Yes it is true most online software have automated processing on orders but that depends on your processing budget too.

Anyways, please feel free to pick our brains to get you up to speed.

Regards
Lionel

Lionel

Well how's that another Aussie in this world.

I am up Sunshine Coast Qld

Glad to help whn needed mate

Lionel

rikkisbears

Thanks Dan,
I sort of panicked a bit, thought I'd pressed a wrong buton or something. haahaa

Really looking forward to getting the software.

Pretty neat, all I'm missing at the moment is a Roland. Got m Korg. Got a Yammie, now I'll have a Ketron back. Better in software form , rather than another keyboard.haahaa

Thanks Dan

best wishes
Rikki

Quote from: Dan on September 07, 2011, 07:10:07 AM
Hi Rikki,

Thank you for your new purshase. To avoid problems, the download link is created manually, and need my personal touch.

I will send you all the instructions now...

Regards,

Dan

ps : You are from Australia like LIONEL :)

rikkisbears

Thanks Lionel,
my husband's mum used to live up at Coolum Beach. Small world.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote from: Lionel on September 07, 2011, 07:28:50 AM
Well how's that another Aussie in this world.

I am up Sunshine Coast Qld

Glad to help whn needed mate

Lionel

Dan

vArranger connecting people :)

Rikki, you will love your vArranger.  Ketron + Yamaha (later + Roland)

Dan

Deane

I Rikki,
You will download vArranger but it will not work until Dan sets you up with a Key for it.  I elected to put my Key on a Thumb drive so my vArranger will play on any Windows computer on which the software is loaded.   The other option is for the key to work only on a single computer.   Dan has assured me that if something goes wrong with the thumb drive with my key he can replace it. 

Along with your SD2 unit you will be blown away with varranger.  I tried it by itself and also with a BK-7M but nothing compares to what it will do with the SD2 unit.   Feel free to ask questions here because there is a learning curve and the users manual is in French.  I used Google translator to read a lot of the French manual and learn a lot.  You can actually copy the translation and paste it into MS Word.  The only drawback is that I have not found a way to translate the entire manual at one time.  I translated sections at a time. 

For some reason the styles and sounds of vArranger make me want to sit and play for hours.  I have found almost all the PSR3000 styles work without much tweaking at all.  The Tyros 1,2,3, and 4 styles all work too but some need more work.  I can't wait for the Roland update - that will really make the software unbeatable. 

Good luck and make sure you take the time to study the vArranger screen.  There are some really neat features that can go unnoticed if you just dive in and hope for the best.  Dan's screen layout is pretty good but you have to take a close look to see how it all fits together. 

Deane

Bernie9

Rikki is an old hand at software arrangers and will be flying by us in no time once she takes gets her controller set up, which is so simple with midi learn.

Glad to have you aboard old friend. Old only in knowing you a long time, not age LOL.

Bernie

Dan

I didn't know that Rikki was a GIRL !!!!!   :o

Welcome to the first vArranger's girl :)

rikkisbears

Hi Deane,
thank you.
I will download manual as you suggested, or else I imagine I might miss some of the features.

It's great that it loads the yamaha styles. I have some oldies going back to my psr9000pro days. The older ones were simpler than the newer megavoice styles.

Wow, did you mention Roland compatibility. I'd been considering getting a bk-7m just to get access to some of my old roland styles sgain. Might just put a hold on that for time being. Hopefully won't need it. haahaa

Unfortunately I don't have an SD2 at the moment  ( mine got damaged with an update, a year or 2 ago), seriously considering replacing it now, though.

Quote from: Deane on September 07, 2011, 02:19:21 PM

Deane

Rikki,
I paid $350.00 US for my new one.  I think you said your price down under would be almost twice that.  Any chance of having someone send you one?

Deane

rikkisbears

Thanks for the welcome Bernie.
Has been a long time, since the good old Technics days. (possibly close to 10 years? )
Really looking forward to checking it all out. It's a great screen.
Quote from: Bernie9 on September 07, 2011, 03:41:30 PM

Bernie

rikkisbears

Hi Deane,
the $800 AUD I mentioned, was for my first Sd2, going back3 to 4 years? ( when they first came out).

Haven't checked the price locally yet, I'm hoping they've dropped in price. We've only got one source over here as far as I'm aware.
The Audya originally had a price tag of $10,000 AUD (retail, slightly cheaper with discount) so tells you what sort of a rip off they are over here compared to USA.
Currently our Aussie dollar is worth more than US Dollar, so hopefully it may be reflected in the price. I'll check later today & see how I go.
At the moment I've got it set up with my PA3X.  Can't really play Ketron styles, except for maybe earlier non Live Drum styles, but I've got enough yammie stuff to keep me happy for time being.
Quote from: Deane on September 08, 2011, 12:26:02 AM
Rikki,
I paid $350.00 US for my new one.  I think you said your price down under would be almost twice that.  Any chance of having someone send you one?

Deane

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
yep, ever since I was born. haahaa

I get a lot of that.  I've been involved in forums for many years, it's amazing how many people haven't realized I'm a female even though they've known me for years.

I usually try & mention my husband once in a while, just as a hint. haahaa

Quote from: Dan on September 07, 2011, 05:10:01 PM
I didn't know that Rikki was a GIRL !!!!!   :o

Welcome to the first vArranger's girl :)

Lionel

Rikki,

I paid $480 for my SD2 imported from USA

also I purschased a SD4 from USA for ? I think I paid around 680 to 720

Both still running to date but I tend to use SD4 mainly

Lionel

rikkisbears

rikkisbears

Hi Lionel,
please ignore PM, just managed to track one down in USA.

Should hopefully receive in a week or so.

Only question I'm still interested in , is what you did about the difference in volatage between US & Aust.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote from: rikkisbears on September 08, 2011, 07:49:32 AM
Hi Lionel,
thank you, I justsent you a pm

best wishes
Rikki

Quote from: Lionel on September 08, 2011, 07:30:01 AM

Dan

Deane, you ve got a good price for your new SD2 (with good serial) in US, so can you post a link to the dealer store for other US users?

Dan

Deane

Here is the link where I bought my new SD2 unit.  He still has 2 left I think.
I paid him $350.00 US and he shipped it free to me.  Service was good and he
shipped it same day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270792913125&ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:US:1123

Deane

rikkisbears

Wow,
talk about fast delivery, my sd2 has just arrived from the USA.  Can't believe it, ordered it Thursday afternoon, it arrived Monday afternoon. I'm astounded.

We live  100 miles out of Sydney , and it takes 2 days just to receive a letter or an express parcel. This came 1,000's of miles in 4 days ,( weekend included).

Anyway, I've got it. I'm really happy to have one again, forgotten how good they sounded.

best wishes
Rikki

Lionel

Man that was fast.

Usually takes up to 10 days for my delivery's

Anyway enjoy!

Lionel

Dan

WAW !!

Enjoy your new SD2 with vArranger :)

Deane

Hey Rikki,
How do you like it so far?  I am totally in awe of the software and believe it has the potential to replace my heavy keyboards on gigs. 

By the way, right now I am sorting through thousands of styles that fit my style of music and saving those which really need no tweaking at all or at least very little tweaking to sound really nice.  My gigs are all about music from the 1920's through about the very early 1960's and are the popular songs made famous by the big bands and famous singers of those times.  When I get finished I would be glad to swap these with anyone who also has a large collection. 

It will really be neat after Dan gets the Roland styles working on vArranger.  That will open up a lot of possibilities.

Deane

rikkisbears

Hi Deane,
so far so good.

I've got a complicated mess going on that the moment, trying to midi everything together so that I can use my PA3X as controller for my, psr1500, the sd2/varranger plus Band in a Box & my usb sound cards. Just have to get my head around the best way to go so that I don't have to keep swapping cables.

Never been too keen on having the 2 keyboards midied togethether ie stacked on top of each other. Too difficult to get to the appropriate buttons. Hubby managed to vertically mount my old psr 1500 on a keyboard stand. Buttons are directly in front & easy to reach. Now all I need is to sort a a keypad  out for varranger functions & I'll be set. haahaa

The styles you're refferring to, are they Yamaha styles??

Be great when Dan sorts out the Roland function. I've got quite a few of those from my Roland days.

best wishes
Rikki

Deane