News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Assignable Controllers Procedure

Started by jan1kow, May 31, 2011, 11:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jan1kow

(PART TWO) ASSIGNABLE CONTROLLERS : BY SONG CONTROLLERS
    With this new version, you can designate up to 12 MAGIC controllers!
    These same pedals/buttons can now trigger different functions, therefor each button/pedal can be used for different
    purposes for each song that they are saved with ("save song").

I only use a small pedalboard containing 2 foot switch pedals. Normally (in general) pedal No. ONE triggers fill 2
    and pedal No. TWO triggers ending 2.
    However, on one parcicular song using the (Elvis) style "ALL SHOOK UP" I wanted to make pedal NO. ONE trigger fill 3
    and pedal TWO trigger the Break function fill.
    This is where the new function occurs. Here's how:
    First stage you need to set vArranger so pedals are identified as being enabled as Assignable Controllers functions.
    This way (unless assigned) they will trigger the same controller functions for all songs but can also be linked to a
    specific song name for other controller functions different to their general set-up use.
    1) Go on OPTIONS / CONTROLLERS
    2) Go straight down the list to the group BY SONG CONTROLLERS, and click on the ASSIGNABLE CONTROL 1 line
    3) Press the pedal No. ONE (fill pedal). You have just assigned the pedal No. ONE as being ASSIGNABLE CONTROL 1
    4) Click then on the ASSIGNABLE CONTROL 2 line
    5) Press the pedal NO. TWO (ending pedal). You have just assigned the pedal No. TWO as being ASSIGNABLE CONTROL 2
    (and so on, up to 12 controllers)
    6) Click on the FILL IN 2 line with the right mouse button, and choose ASSIGNABLE CONTROL 1.
    You have now set pedal nO. 1 to trigger the Fill in 2 control for GENERAL USE.
    7) Click on the ENDING 2 line with the right mouse button, and choose ASSIGNABLE CONTROL 2
    You have now set pedal nO. 2 to trigger the Ending 2 control for GENERAL USE.
    Note -DO NOT select on the pedals relevant to (Elvis) style "ALL SHOOK UP" instead of the pedal for GENERAL style
    use at this stage.
    Close CONTROLLERS, and go on SAVE / STARTUP CONFIG. Check the SAVE 12 DEFAULT ASSIGNABLES CONTROLLERS box. then, SAVE.
    Now, for all the songs, the pedal No. ONE will trigger the FILL IN 2 and pedal No. TWO triggers the ENDING 2.
    Second stage you then have to assign the pedals for the specific controllers needed for use with a specific song.
    This way pedal No. ONE for Fill 3 will need to be specifically assigned and pedal No. TWO for BREAK function will
    also need to be specifically assigned to a song name (save song).

8) Load a song (style, mp3)
    9) Go on OPTIONS / CONTROLLERS
    10) Click on the FILL 3 line with the right mouse button, and choose ASSIGNABLE CONTROL 1
    11) Click on the BREAK line with the right mouse button, and choose ASSIGNABLE CONTROL 2
    12) Close CONTROLLERS, and go on SAVE / SONG. Check the 12 ASSIGNABLES CONTROLLERS box, then SAVE.
    Now, for this songs only, (Elvis) style "ALL SHOOK UP" The pedal No. ONE will trigger the Fill 3 and the
    pedal No. TWO triggers the BREAK
    (And so on to change each song, which requires a different control)
    I decided that as the ending is only needed once in a song. It is not too much effort to click/press the
    ending once with my mouse.
    (or if I had a touch screen laptop - my finger).

Summary
    General Use -
    Assignable controll No 1 = Pedal 1/Fill 2
    Assignable controll No 2 = Pedal 2/Ending 2
    Specifically assigned to a particular style (song save) -
    Assignable controll No 1 Now = Pedal 1/Fill 3
    Assignable controll No 2 Now = Pedal 2/Break
    jon

Dan

I first added this feature for you, but I am sure that many musicians will use it in the future.