News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Process for Ordering

Started by Deane, May 11, 2011, 01:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Dan,
I will probably order Varranger this week.  I decided to upgrade to a 500gig hard drive on my Mac Book Pro and add Vista to it.  There will be a delay in getting the hard drive installed and the OS reloaded and the backup restored. 

Once I order the software how long before I can download it?  Also,  what are the issues with a backup of the software - how does that work in case of a hardware problem?

Do you use paypal for payment?

Deane

Lylo

Vista is a bad OS for music.

Dan

Yes don't install Vista, but Seven.

To order : http://www.varranger.com/Buy_Now.php

You can pay with Paypal or payment cards

Then I will send you the instructions to download and install vArranger.

You can decide to attach your licence to your computer (no USB drive needed), or to your USB Drive (will work on any computer).

Once you are a vArranger user, I am here to help you in case of anything

Dan

Deane

Hi Dan,
The idea of running the program from my USB hard drive sounds very interesting.  However,  the Mac Book Pro has only 2 USB ports.  I would need one for my controller and then one for the USB drive.  Can you think of any reason why that would not be enough?   I do have a USB hub but am have not tried that on my Mac Book Pro.

Deane

Dan

You roland A800 Pro own a MIDI OUT, so you will be able to plug the Ketron SD2 on it with just one USB port.
So I would go for the USB drive option.

Do you have one USB key (preferently branded Kingston, sandisk....) to put your licence on it?

Dan

Deane

Dan,

I am ready to order Varranger.  I sent you an email about the order info.
I want to do the USB drive option.   You mentioned a USB device to put the
license on - did you mean a thumb drive or a USB hard drive?  I have both.

Deane

Dan

thumb drive is more easy to travel

Deane

I must not understand.  Do you mean Varranger will run on any computer from a
thumb drive?  That would be great - I thought the software needed to be on a USB
Hard Drive because of space.  How large is the software package?  But yes, I have thumb drives up to about 16 gig if needed.
Deane

Deane

Hi Dan,

Ok,   Money sent via paypal - code copied and emailed - do you send program via
email or do I go to website and download?
Deane

Dan

vArranger can be runned from any computer with the thumb drive plugged in.
It's faster to use the software from the HD, than from the USB drive.
vArranger is a very optimized and lightweight software...

Thank you for your purshase.

I will send you your vArranger package, and will release the version 1.11 at the same time !

Regards,

Dan

Deane

I'am very excited to get it and get started learning how to use it.

Thanks Dan,
Deane

Lylo

Dan, a usb drive have a limit in read en write, it is not dangerous to install varranger in one ?

Bernie9

I am under the impression that the thumb drive is like a dongle.  It merely authorizes the use of the program in the computer.
Bernie

Dan

Like Bernie told, you don't need to put your data on the usb drive. But why not using it as a backup.
Loading styles from the internal hard drive is usually faster than loading from USB drive.