News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Styles for Varranger

Started by Deane, May 09, 2011, 02:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Dan,

In the current version of Varranger - what styles can be played? 
I am most interested in Yamaha, Korg, or Roland styles.   The more I learn about your software the more I am inclined to purchase it.  It would be really neat to have a single package that could play styles from these keyboards - plus the SD2 - WOW - talk about having it all.

Deane

Dan

Today vArranger can read KETRON and YAMAHA styles.

Ketron styles are sounding amazing with the Ketron SD2
Yamaha styles are sounding OK to Very good with the Ketron SD2.  A huge yamaha style library exists on internet. And a lot of tools for editing Yamaha styles too

Roland styles will probably follow on an future update

Dan

Deane

Thank you Dan for the quick reply.  I am a Tyros 4 owner and being able to play the Tyros 4 styles would be important to me.   I suspect when your software will play the older G70 type styles your software will fly off the shelves.   As an arranger player I am always looking for new and interesting styles to put with songs and having a single piece of hardware that can play styles from various manufactures is a tremendous deal for me.

By the way,  I am trying to decide if I should buy a used PC laptop or use my Mac Book Pro.  I hate to mess up my Mac Book just to run one program.
When I make up my mind about the computers I'll probably place an order for your software. 

A few other questions.  How are variations and changes while playing made with your software?  I noticed on one of the demos the player was using a touch screen to make changes.  However, I think a controller can be programmed to make those changes - is that correct? 

Also, does each variation have a built-in OTS voice?

Deane

Dan

You can also find an used MacBook :)

Of course you can assign variations changes and all other functions (volumes, fill ins...) to be triggered by a MIDI event, or by a PC key.

OTS feature is called LINK (who links the sounds of the MY SOUND bar to the arranger's variations) on vArranger.

I am currently working on using the OTS from the yamaha styles themself

Dan

Deane

Thank you Dan, all these questions and your answers really help.

Deane

Lylo

Bernie9

Deane
May I add that varranger is far easier than the other project that you are diligently pursuing.
Bernie

Deane

Yes Bernie,
That is probably why I have all the questions.  Not real happy with that project - a lot
that needs explaining and very little help on it except from the forums that you have read.

Deane

Bernie9

I thought long and hard, but can't justify it, having vArranger.  There seems to be no perfect solution, but Dan is very good at listening to the needs of his people and there is little he can't achieve.

Also, remember that vArranger is fun when you learn the easy basics, and fun to play, not frustrating.
Bernie

Deane

Bernie,
I play a Tyros 4 now and wanted something different and perhaps lighter to carry around.  I will be 71 in June and weight is a big factor now.   Many days I gig twice a day and that can be a chore with heavy equipment.  In my opinion you came to a very good conclusion.  Email me if you want details.

Deane