News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger sound module options

Started by Deane, October 05, 2015, 09:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

I currently use the SD2 module with vArranger and need some advice about other sound modules that can be used with vArranger.  I don't know anything about VSTs but am willing to learn.  Also, I am open to other hardware module options but don't know what is out there to research.  Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Deane

Deane

Wow! Does no one have any thoughts or experience about this?

Deane

cirerenrut

Deane I have tried two sound modules with vArranger, the Roland BK7m and the Keytron SD1000. The Roland which is the more expensive of the two because of the inbuilt arranger was a disappointment, on the other hand the SD1000 was pure joy and works flawless with vArranger although some forum members may disagree.
You already own a keytron and SD2 and maybe the SD1000 is to similar. As for software I am waiting for Agaton to release news on his project and a company called Hephaestus is developing a General midi sound bank based on the Tyros 4 which will run in Kontact 5.
WORKING PROGRESS: 60% completed.
Eric

Pekilik

Sound modul: sd1000 or Roland Integra 7...
VST: Kontakt 5 is the most famous and for Kontakt you have very much tutorials on Youtube for example, you feel free to ask if you have any problem with Kontakt 5....

Deane

Thanks folks for the input.  I don't know what I will do yet.  Some people think Dan will come up with a synth making a sound module unneeded.  I'll probably wait and see.

Deane

Bachus

Quote from: Deane on October 16, 2015, 04:34:18 PM
Thanks folks for the input.  I don't know what I will do yet.  Some people think Dan will come up with a synth making a sound module unneeded.  I'll probably wait and see.

Deane

You can allready use sf2 files ...if they support the GM2 standards(atleast thats what i understood)

From what i understood most people overehe prefer the cheaper Ketron modules sd2 and sd1000, tough also the Yamaha synths from the Motif line also yoeld very good results with Yamaha style files...

So far reports for Roland and Korg have been less stellar... But those reports mostly reflected people playing Yamaha style files on Roland gear..

There are some vsts that support The GM standard, hallion sonic 2 by Steinberg for example, which also comes close to the Yamaha sound... Highest quallity GM vst is Colossus from EWQL..

I am still sitting at the sideline, as my Tyros5 currently supports all my arranger needs, yet still very i terested in the Program and where Dan is taking it in the next few years...at the current rate at which arrangers innovate, it cant take to long before Varranger is the arranger to rule them all...