News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

VSTi Kontakt 5 etc

Started by edelklang-lang, December 07, 2014, 03:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edelklang-lang

Hi all,

I am getting into the use of Varranger2, but I want to use it just with VST: I have NI Komplete 9 Ultimate and a bunch of other VST.
How can I transpose globally a track? E.g. the bass is always one octave too low when the host sends the midi notes to the bass in Kontakt.
I don´t want necessarily to transpose the softsynth, as this in Kontakt is just possible as a kind of sample tuning which totally changes the sound.

edelklang-lang

Ok I see it is possible in Kontakt to transpose the sound without affecting it´s timbre.
But is there any possibility to transpose a track within the arranger?

Dan

Octaves rules of the arranger tracks are something more complicated that it seems to be.
It is better that you change the bass sound octave in Kontakt, so it will be compliant to the GM rules.

For left and right tracks, simply double click on any tracks, and change the octaves  (or right click on track and do SOUND EDIT)

edelklang-lang

Something more important now: Is there any possibililty to save a song in a way that Varranger opens directly with the Kontakt presets when opening at startup?
Also for the other VST like Battery, FM8 etc.
Save with presets, then open and not needing to reconfigure.
I know to save Kontakt Multis, that is no problem - but when I open Varranger again for a new session, the last song I saved opens with empty Kontakt Rack, so I have to open the Kontakt Multi extra.
Do you know anyway Brainspawn Forte? It is a host for playing live VST racks - per song everything can be saved in it, it even changes preset changes inside a VST and opens the changes in very little time when changing from song to song.

edelklang-lang

It´s the VST snapshots what I´m searching for. But how can I make that?

Dan

VST Saving is something new in vArranger. But yes, you go on the VST rack, and you click on the "+" to get the VST options. Then you can save a Snapshot. This is a full VST state saving.

edelklang-lang

MarcinV8

edelklang-lang,

please, tell me, how vArranger works with Kontakt? I'm thinking about buying vArranger or hardware arranger and I can't decide :-(

How do you edit styles to work with Kontakt? Is it too complicated?

andrev

Yes, please very eager to hear a clip if possible, I'm also considering kontakt + sampletank and vArranger, worried about drum & percussion mapping with my  Addictive Drums 2 in GM mode. Also worrying about the 32bit - 64bit jBridge workaround solution.