News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

NO VOLUME CONTROL IN DRUM MIXER

Started by jbg31792, May 02, 2014, 10:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

In the Drums sound edit channel,

then the Drum Mixer, I have no volume control over the drum parts: bass, snare, hi-hat, etc.

I can only control the overall volume of the drums from the main vArranger screen after I have exited out of the Drum mixer.

Thanks for your help,

John

Dan

Do you use a Ketron SD2?
Do vArranger is in KETRON SD2 mode?

jbg31792

Yes, I use the SD2.

I experimented disabled SD2 for GM2, and that allowed me to use my space bar on my laptop. Before I couldn't type using the space bar. But after switching SD2 for GM2, the space bar is working. I could use the space bar in a SONG search, but not entering text after pushing LYRICS.

In vArranger with lyrics I couldn't type in any text because of the space bar issue, but now with GM2 engaged the space bar is working with typing in lyrics.

However, I still have the issue with not being able to control the volume in the Drum Mixer. I can control the volume levels from 0-120 with no problem but it has no effect on the actual volume level of the sound.

Thanks Dan,

John
Midi Options in vArranger, I'm using NONE, vArranger synth, SD2, and asio4; and I'm using the laptop by itself.

Dan

Go on Options/Controllers, and try to find witch line is assigned to the SPACE BAR (32)
If you don't need it, click on it, and press NO PC KEY.

The drum mixer only works with the KETRON SD2.

jbg31792

Thanks Dan,

My spacebar in Options/Controllers was using PC Key number 32 under Controlled by PC Keyboard. I clicked on NO PC CONTROL, like you said, and instantly was able to use my spacebar in typing text for Lyrics.

I was trying to use the Drum Mixer while connected to the vArranger Synth with the SD 2 not being connected. That was my problem. As soon as I connected the SD2 back, I had control of the Drum Mixer.

I was set up ready to play at the restaurant Sunday afternoon, and checked my cell phone to see if I had an e mail from you before I started. As I listened to the SD2, everything sounded "strange." And then I remembered last night I had unchecked the SD2 and checked the GM2 in Options/Midi OUT. If it hadn't been for your email, I would not have thought to see if the SD2 was checked in the Midi OUT box, and I wouldn't have been able to play Sunday.

Merci,

John

Dan

:o

I will probably add drum mixer later with the vArranger synth