tutoriel vArranger2:Le Song Chords-Partie 3 utilisation Creative

Started by jbg31792, March 22, 2014, 12:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

Can someone please help me find the program that Azerlylo used to display the score in this format showing the written chords above the notes in the staves positioned next to the SONG CHORDS in vArranger2.

Many thanks,

John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wZoeZ7WmP10

pax_eterna

jbg31792

pax_eterna

Free as far as I know - send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.

Lylo

Hello, it's a jpg, I converted all my scores in this format, sometime I use PDF format, often if I find the scores in PDF and I no editing them.

pax_eterna

Quote from: jbg31792 on March 22, 2014, 04:50:13 AM
What is a PM?

John

John it's a personal message...click on a user name and under the name on the left you will see Send Personal Message :)

But on second thoughts - as it is free (AFAIK)  I thought why not simply link it here :D

jbg31792

Thanks Pax for posting the vArranger PDF.

And thank you Lylo for the beautiful music you created using vArranger.

I've copied and LOADED the vArranger plugin into vArranger 1.17, and when I opened the file I get the notice "VARRANGER PDF PLUG IN WAS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED". That was as far as I could go.

Lylo, Could you please list the steps you use to create your 13 staff line score that was shown in Your You Tube Video, next to the Song Chords in vArranger.

Thank you,

John

jbg31792

Lylo, did you create and write out all the notes of your score from scratch, or is  it a sheet music score that you have copied into vArranger?

The reason I'm asking is because along with guitar I play soprano and alto sax. So if I'm playing a Kenny G song I need to either write out the entire song note for note, or copy the sheet music. I've found that by writing out the song myself I can get more on the screen than if I scan the sheet music.

When I see your score with the melody notes on the staff lines and guitar chords above the staff lines, and your able to get 13 staff lines to show next to the SONG CHORDS in vArranger, that is exactly what I've been looking for. I have Sibelius but could never get it to look like your score, and I experienced difficulty using the program.

Thanks again for your help in walking me through the steps of how I can write out a Kenny G song to look like the score in your You Tube Video. What program do you use to create your score, and do you use the vArranger PDF file to convert your scores to the jpeg format.

John

pax_eterna

John the PDF plugin creates nothing - it only allows the ability to load and view a PDF chart on file. These need to be created outside of vA.

However vA can "remember" the PDF used with a song so it can be very useful.

In my case I run an iPad and a Surface Pro side by side, so I have no need for it.

Dennis

jbg31792

Pax, I'm beginning to see what you mean, I think. If I want to load sheet music into the vArranger I would save it into a pdf file first. Then copy that pdf file into vArranger. Then the vArranger pdf plug in viewer would load and view that file within Song Chords. Is that what you're saying?

What is the easiest program that you know of that would allow me to either scan or download sheet music into a pdf file; or, write out my own score on manuscript paper and input the notes on the staff and place the chords above the notes, then save it to a pdf file.   

Thanks,

John

pax_eterna

Yep, that's how it worked last time I used it - I don't think it has been changed.

Well you can scan using any printer/scanner device attached to your PC - or there are plenty of files around (quality varies) . If I don't scan I use websites like MusicaNeo, but there are plenty of online sheet music stores..

If I use just a chord/lyrics chart I jsut scan them and "print" to a PDF using something like PDF Creator (free) you can also use IrfanView (also free)  to create multipage PDFs from other docs (liek TIFF, JPEG, BMP etc )

Another trick I do is to use one of the free online PDF to X format converters to change a PDF purchased into a format I can edit with say, Paint (or The Gimp) so I can remove all the staves and leave just the "bare bones"  and then re "print" to a PDF for use on the iPad (or the PDF app in vA in your case).

There are many things you can do :)

jbg31792

Thanks Pax, for all that useful input. I'll be playing around with it and hopefully, figure out how to ultimately be able to pull up my Song Chords and instantly load the PDF file with lyrics, sheet music or a score of my own making. This is something that I've never done, but thanks to you and this wonderful vArranger blog, I'm slowly learning.

John 

Dan

If you have a scanner, it comes with a software that allows you to save your scanned sheet music in JPG or PDF file format.

Then you have to put it in a defined place with a defined name, so vArranger will display the score immediately when you load the style.

When you will have some images, we will help you for the second step

Lylo

Quote from: jbg31792 on March 22, 2014, 10:10:09 PM
Lylo, did you create and write out all the notes of your score from scratch, or is  it a sheet music score that you have copied into vArranger?

The reason I'm asking is because along with guitar I play soprano and alto sax. So if I'm playing a Kenny G song I need to either write out the entire song note for note, or copy the sheet music. I've found that by writing out the song myself I can get more on the screen than if I scan the sheet music.

When I see your score with the melody notes on the staff lines and guitar chords above the staff lines, and your able to get 13 staff lines to show next to the SONG CHORDS in vArranger, that is exactly what I've been looking for. I have Sibelius but could never get it to look like your score, and I experienced difficulty using the program.

Thanks again for your help in walking me through the steps of how I can write out a Kenny G song to look like the score in your You Tube Video. What program do you use to create your score, and do you use the vArranger PDF file to convert your scores to the jpeg format.

John

Hello, my sheets music come from different sources, sometime pdf find in internet, another time from my hand or sheet music scores find in my home and put on a scanner.
Look at this : http://www.4shared.com/video/f6Fp5aYice/video-2014-03-21-22-04-59.html

jbg31792

Dan, I've scanned 2 documents, 2 pages of:  Forever In Love Kenny G 3.jpeg
                                                                    Forever In Love Kenny G 4.jpeg

I've saved them to my Documents folder. What are the next steps so that vArranger will immediately display the score when I load the style?

Also, am I allowed to list my MidJay Plus for sale on the vArranger website, and some other items?

That 4shared.com/video. was awesome Lylo, that's what I'd like to achieve.

Dennis, (sorry I've been calling you Pax, I thought that was your name) I've got an old Music Pad Pro with all of my music and lyrics saved to .fh, which is the FreeHand format that MusicPad Pro uses. The sad thing is that .fh Free Hand can't be converted to a pdf or jpeg file. So I'm stuck with over 500 songs in a file format that I can't convert. Not to mention Freehand has gone out of business.

Are you using the Surface Pro for vArranger, and the i-Pad for your lyrics? Is the screen large enough for lyrics and scores?

Thank you all, merci

John

Dan

Close to the style called Forever In Love Kenny G.PAT, you create a folder called SCORE and put inside Forever In Love Kenny G 3.jpeg and Forever In Love Kenny G 4.jpeg

I don't think people are searching a Midjay Plus here, but you are allowed to.

Lylo

jbg31792

From the vArranger: LOAD, SCORE FOLDER, Forever in love kennyg 1 and Forever in love kennyg 2, I double click on either file and it shows up on screen in Varranger.

Problem is the score folder is located in: libraries-pictures-slide shows-score Forever in love 1 & 2. I'm not able to move the score folder to sounds, styles, styles rom.

Is there supposed to be a separate score folder for each song?

Lylo, that was a great idea with the moving cursor, I'm trying...

John

jbg31792

Now, thank the good Lord, I've got the score folder, with Forever in love 1 & 2, moved into the vArranger Data Folder with: score, sounds, styles, styles ROM, vArranger2.

When I open up styles 1 and scroll down to the folder named Mary's Songs, I find Forever in Love Song Chord PopGtrBallad T108 prs2.

I already have created a score folder and have inside Forever in love kennyg 1 and Forever in love kennyg 2.

How do I now get the "score" folder close to the Song Chord Style for Forever in love found in Mary's Song Folder?

Lylo, how did you split the screen the way you did with the Styles Rom1 showing on the left side, and all your .pat2, jpeg, mp3, etc showing on the right side?

Thanks,

John

Lylo

Tidom

Rhhôôôô !
Lylo c'est le roi du tuto !
Merci !
C'est vraiment top !
Et en 2 langues siouplait !
Top top top du début à la fin ! ça traine pas ! c'est concis !Pas de barratin !
Voilà !
C'est tout !
a pu !  ;)

Dan

Hello Jhon,

Because I see that it is not so simple to display a sheet music with a style, I decided to simplify thing.
I just sent you the new version update for you to try.

Now, how to do it :

- Right click on a song
- Click on ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC...
- Select your score file  JPEG, PDF, TXT, RTF, etc...
- It's done !

You can do again ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC... if you want to add more sheet music pages for the same song.

Let me know if it's now easy enough :)

vArranger will do the SCORE folder creation, copy and naming of files for you.

jbg31792

Rhhooooo Tidom,

C'est vrai, Lylo c'est le roi du tuto.

And he even makes me feel like a roi because he takes so much  of his time to help me, along with everyone else.

Merci,

John

Lylo

Merci Tidom,
mais tu vois, notre Dan national a changé la procédure, j'ai l'impression en moins de temps qu'il m'a fallu pour faire le tuto  ;D
Bon c'est tant mieux et ma vidéo permet de patienter en attendant la sortie officiel de la nouvelle version; :)

Thank John, I'm happy to help the community of vArranger, my favorite software. :)

jbg31792

Thank you Dan,

For adding that ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC feature in your new upgrade. That is really going to save me a lot of time adding music scores to SONG CHORDS.

And many thanks for all the time that you spent helping me on the computer today, and I know how valuable your time is.

Another lion has just roared again,

John

pax_eterna

Quote from: Dan on March 31, 2014, 12:01:11 AM
Hello Jhon,

Because I see that it is not so simple to display a sheet music with a style, I decided to simplify thing.
I just sent you the new version update for you to try.

Now, how to do it :

- Right click on a song
- Click on ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC...
- Select your score file  JPEG, PDF, TXT, RTF, etc...
- It's done !

You can do again ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC... if you want to add more sheet music pages for the same song.

Let me know if it's now easy enough :)

vArranger will do the SCORE folder creation, copy and naming of files for you.

Dan would you mind forwarding on that update PDF version to me please?

Dennis

jbg31792

Hi Dennis and Lylo,

Forgive me if I'm using this post incorrectly.

I've got to get rid of my MusicPad Pro where all my lyrics and music reside.

I'm ready to buy the ipad 4th generation with retina display wifi/16GB ($399.00 through Apple's website) and use that for my monitor to replace the Music Pad Pro. Apple said today that they have stopped making the i pad 2. And I don't need the i pad air.

The lightening cable comes with the ipad, & that goes from the ipad directly into the USB port, and the ipad gets its power from the powered USB hub.

And with the Ipad app "AIR DISPLAY 2",($9.99 through Itunes) this ipad will function as a monitor to my MacBook Pro.

My question is  Can the vArranger be set up to automatically load ONLY the lyrics chords and music notes onto the ipad monitor every time I enter a SONG CHORD, while the vArranger would be running by itself on the Windows side of my MacBook?

Much obliged,

John   

Lylo

jbg31792

Bon jour LYLO,,

The iPad retina with the app Air display 2 runs on both windows and
Mac

John