News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

GIGASTYLECOLLECTION.net with style player

Started by jbg31792, March 18, 2014, 04:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

Does anyone know if the 9400 style/patterns gigastylecollection.net with usb stick for midjay plus is compatible w/vArranger2?

Thanks,

John

jbg31792

The platinum usb stick revised edition is $78.00 on e-bay.

The question is which version is compatible with the vArranger: 1. the styles designed for MIDJAY PLUS, SD3, SD5,SD8, or
2. the styles designed for the XD series and the MIDJAY.

I copied this from e-bay,

John

9400 NEW Styles for KETRON MIDJAY PLUS + PC Style Player on USB Stick TOP

NEW UPDATED VERSION
GIGASTYLECOLLECTION Platinum USB Edition
For KETRON Midjay Plus (Not for the 1st Model) & SD3, SD5, SD8 Series Arrangers

- 9417+ NEW STYLES for your instrument.
- Included Style Player Software To Preview The Styles.
- No Software installation needed.
- Easy as 1.2.3, plug the USB stick in your PC and start enjoying.

Provided on a USB Memory Stick.

ENGLISH / FRANCAIS /  DEUTSCH /  ESPANOL / ITALIANO Details.

ENGLISH

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Colossal Style Collection
More than 9417 Styles are Now Part of the Collection in this new V3.00
Styles are in KETRON .PAT format.
The styles are complete, with the appropriate number of : Intros, Mains, Fills & Endings

Musical Genres Covered
The Styles Cover Any Music Types/Genres and are Ready to load into your Arranger Keyboard :
Jazz / Rock / Pop / Dance / Latin / Funk / 50's-60's-70's / R&B / Gospel / World Music & Many More...

Improved Bundled Software
Giga Style Collection is not only a gigantic style bank, this style library is bundled
    with a unique and powerful software for managing the styles of the collection.
The software can play / pause / forward / backward the styles of the collection, now it will add you many more posibilities...

GigaStyleCollection Software Features List
Completely redesigned GUI.
Completely reworked style bank.
Style playback design using a huge high quality sample based synth engine.
Style Selection System using 2 grids (style collection & style selection).
Select the styles using drag & drop for convenient and easy style selection.
Play, Pause, Forward, Backward, adjust the volume of the style playback.
Style Playback handled by mouse or PC keyboard for fast style access previewing.
Group the styles by tempo, time signature, musical genre, cascade the groupings.
Fast Style Access : Advanced Search/Filter the styles by musical genre entering a search criteria.
Improved Style Reorganization / Location via style Grouping, style Filtering and Sorting.
Mass export of the styles. Previous versions style exportation was done one at a time, now it is up to 100 styles at once.
Style exportation of the styles from the Styles Selection Grid into the folder of your choice on your computer or on USB / floppy device.
An html Export Report for each style exportation is generated to keep track of the exported styles details.
Sort the styles by reference, musical genre, tempo, time signature...
Modular Structure for Future Style Collection Expansion
The style playback software will save you many hours or days of transfer operations between your computer and your arranger.
Select only the styles you want after listening them on your computer, then enjoy playing them on your arranger after transfer.
This system will save your arranger floppy diskette drive lifetime as well as its front panel switches lifetime.

Platinum USB Edition Special Features
The style player runs from USB Stick
No Installation required (only a one time activation is required)
Extra Storage for your Arranger
Put the styles you have picked up from the collection directly on the USB stick and enjoy anytime on your instrument without PC.

Arranger Compatibility
The styles are designed for KETRON Midjay Plus (Not for the 1st Midjay) & SD3, SD5, SD8 or any compatible models.
If your arranger differs from these models simply contact us & ask about compatibility.

Computer Compatibility
The software is compatible and runs on :  Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (any versions)
The software is not compatible with Mac computers, unless you use a PC emulation solution
     running one of the specified compatible operating system.

Computer Requirements
The computer must have an internet connection (for the installation/activation process only)
For transferring the styles from your PC to your arranger, according to the arranger model,
    you might need a floppy diskette drive on your PC and floppy diskettes too.
You need a SoundCard on your computer for the style playback features.

Delivery
Platinum USB Edition : This edition is delivered by priority international airmail.

Licensing / Activation
During the product life you will be able to activate the software on up to 5 different PCs.
After these 5 activations contact sales for additional activation tokens.

Important Notice About Program Updates & Style Collection Updates
This product will be registered to the name of the buyer.
Program update(s) : has a one year (1year) of free updates from purchase date.
Style Collection update(s) : a discount will be offered when new styles will be released.

FAQ
Q: Do you provide the products on CD/DVD ?
A: No, only USB Stick (Platinum USB Edition).

Q: My arranger is not listed, do you have products for it ?
A: Contact our sales team.

Q: Can you deliver the styles on floppy diskette, smartmedia card, sd card ?
A: No.

Q: I have styles  from elsewhere, can I play them via the style player of  Giga Style Collection ?
A: No. The style player will only play the styles it is bundled & will not play external/other styles.

Any other question ?
Please e-mail us if you require any additional information.
We will be glad to respond quickly.

Dan

Yes it should be compatible.
Not sure about the styles quality.
Maybe it's just styles downloaded from Internet converted with StyleWorks for different brands.

jbg31792

My concern is about the old styles I'm using with song chords have style header errors on vArranger, even though they all play and sound great with vArranger.

I was looking for one source for all my styles that would be more compatible with vArranger, like from the gigastylecollection; that has the ability to group the styles according to time signature, musical genre, tempo. And I could download up to 100 styles into a vArranger folder at one time.

But when you said you're not sure about the styles quality, I guess I won't know unless I order the gigastylecollection and try it.

I'll keep you posted on the quality after trying it.

Thanks,

John

Dan

Every style converted with StyleWorks to Ketron is displaying the message, because EMC simply doesn't calculate good the size of the style, but this does not change anything to playback.

Maybe I will remove this alert.

jbg31792

I saw one post on the soltonclub on Yahoo who purchased the gigastylecollection two years ago, and he said that half of the styles were useless and the others were useable. But no mention of a lack of style quality.

With "STYLE QUALITY" do you mean that if I listen to, for example, the Ketron COUNTRY POP style that came preloaded with the vArranger, and listen to the same COUNTRY POP style that I had downloaded to vArranger from my MidJay Plus; and then listen to that same COUNTRY POP style that I downloaded from the GIGASTYLECOLLECTION into the vArranger: that the quality of the COUNTRY POP from the GIGASTYLECOLLECTION won't sound as good?

Thanks,

John

Dan

Yes... Some styles are sounding very good and others are not sounding so great