News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

2nd Voice Sustain

Started by stewbow, February 19, 2014, 01:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewbow

Dan
If I select Strings as my 2nd Voice and have it layered over Right 1 Grand Piano, when I press the sustain pedal only the Piano Sound sustains correctly. The Strings sustain in a different way. The sound dissapeers if the pedal is down, but if I play a chord and press the pedal, the strings Hold.
So that's basically it, the 2nd voice Holds rather than Sustains

Stuart

Dan

Yes you are right, I basically did it like on my first Ketron SD1, and I liked this way for Strings on 2nd Voice.
This way, I can decide witch strings notes will be sustained.

I admit now that I don't like it too much :)

stewbow

OK, as long as that's the way it's meant to be that's fine.
It can be used to good effect, and I can always assign strings to another channel

stuart

pax_eterna

stewbow

we have words here in Wales like that,  on signposts that only the locals understand ;D

pax_eterna

:D it is the third (middle) pedal on acoustic pianos (mostly the American brands Steinway et al) - simply means that when used only the notes being played at the time it is pressed get held while those following do not. For example you can play a chord, press the sostenuto then play any series of notes after it as a solo line perhaps and they do not get sustained.

Here is a short video (audio is not all that good, but it should give you the idea :)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1cVBPqQpgg

Dan