News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Sync Varranger - DAW?

Started by pimen007, December 03, 2013, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimen007

Hello,

I searched in the manual and do not see anything about this. I currently use my Korg PA600 arranger with my DAW (Cubase), I just have fun in my home studio, I do not play in public.
For example: I control my PA600 from cubase (start, stop, tempo) and synchronize so perfectly with the song I'm creating.
In synchro options Cubase only see the physical midi connections,
Would it be possible Varranger see virtual device or something similar?
Does anyone have any experience Varranger - DAW?

IMPORTANT: Unfortunately I am not yet Varranger user  >:(

regards:

Juanjo

Dan

For now, vArranger can't be a midi slave, but it can be used as MIDI master and sends midi clock to cubase.

So you press START on vArranger, and cubase starts.

http://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,218.msg1890.html

pimen007

Hi Dan, thanks for your answer, your always there.

If I send the midi clock from Varranger to Cubase  the result would be similar, well, I remember than I read something you wrote about the songs creator that can export midis files, which can also be imported into Cubase .. .

regards,

Juanjo

Dan

Yes exact. You can create your song in the SONG CHORDS, select your style, and the export to midifile.

Then work with cubase, with your sound module attached...

pimen007

edelklang-lang

Hello Dan,
I am having fun using Varranger. I don't know if Cubase and Varranger are tight together in time, but I tried to usw NI Maschine and alternatively Brainspawn forte, and there is a lot of Jitter. The idea of combining Varranger and electronic music devices is very creative, but LoopBe or LoopMidi as software clocks results in Bad timing because of the Computer. Computers are not really built for midi sync. In the future, it would be great to use Varranger AS a midi slave. Both Maschine\Brainspawn Forte and Varranger could be time synchronized by an external midi clock.

Lylo

Hello, put your vsti in vArranger, I tried multi other setup during months and the best solution is vst / vsti in vArranger.