News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Some news...

Started by Dan, July 29, 2010, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

On the next version 0.81 :

-When you search some files, the search label change color to red, then when the search is done, the label goes to green. This will help you to know that maybe the search doesnt give any results. Also, you can press the down arrow to select your found song before the search is finished.

-When you press on the 'My Songs folder' and change things inside, create folders... then press on the Refresh button , to update the vArranger screen.

-While deleting a sound,there is a confirmation message

-Smoother fader course with the mouse (and other controls)  for a better response.

-Some other corrections

Dan

On the MIDI PORTS window, I just added a list box to select KETRON SD2 or KETRON SD4.

This will allow the master volume and the fade in/fade out working for the Ketron SD4 too.

Dan

Dan

The version 0.81 is out !

Lionel

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the updates.

Is there any difference in the sounds of the SD2 and SD4.  Does the SD4 have a major advantage over the SD2?

Has anybody got a SD4 who is also using vArranger?

Thanks
Lionel

Dan

Hi Lionel,

Yes some vArranger users own a Ketron SD4, thats why I added this option in the Menu.

The sound engine is exactly the same, so u will not win anything for a sound question.

The differences are that the sd4 own some buttons on its face to change the sounds. It is important if you don't have vArranger :)

You can store some presets, but vArranger is better for sving sounds.

Finally the only PLUS over the Ketron SD2 is the 2 midi inputs, so u have true 32 chanels, you can plays 2 midifies together, or midifile + piano sound. But with a polyphony of 32 voice, i am not sure about if it isuseable.

Also you have an USB port for 1) midi to USB and 2) to give the power supply to the SD4. So the setting should be easier, just plug the SD4 on the computer. no power supply, no midi interface.
I just want to know if the midi chip inside the SD4 is a good quality ones.

You also got 2 jacks connector and not 2 rca, who is more professional.

And some other functions....

The box is a litle bigger.

If some sd4 users want to talk about their experience here, you are welcome.

Dan