Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Portable touch screen, finally!

Started by bluebeat, December 03, 2018, 08:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Hi fellows.
To whom it might be interesting...

For a long time I was trying to find an all in one solution for secondary monitor.  I have tried various wireless options direct, computer to computer and through router connections (Miracast wireless display connection). I have tried wired and wireless PC to Android connections. All of these worked to degree...of monitoring, but latency was high to consider it to be doubled as a touch controller. Finally found a perfect companion for my laptop. The brand is Magedok. They have a variety of monitors. The one I bought is a 15.6 inches USB -C gen 2  Touchscreen monitor. What does that mean... If you have a USB-C gen 2/Thunderbolt3  port on your computer, you only need a single cable from your PC for Power, Video and Touch! If you have the right port, no drivers needed for win 10, Plug& Play. Monitor is not glossy, so that made me happy too. Most important, it is very robust, almost no latency at all. Compared to other options- it is a rocket.  Built very well.  I thought it might interest  somebody.

https://magedok-shop.myshopify.com/products/15-6-inch-1920-1080-ips-fhd-touch-screen-with-usb-c-hdmi-inputt156

Dan

Nice find.
However the link does not work

bluebeat

They must have changed the link, or link is dynamic.

It is on their site, model: T156C
15.6 inch 1920 * 1080 IPS FHD Touch Screen with USB-C/HDMI Input

They just came out with that monitor. I was searching for a long long time for something like this. As I understand (not official) they bought some close-out  hardware items from Sony, that explains good quality of the panel.

https://magedok-shop.myshopify.com/products/15-6-inch-1920-1080-ips-fhd-touch-screen-with-usb-c-hdmi-inputt156c

Dan

Very good ! I like the thin border design and the all in one cable

bluebeat

Forgot to mention, it is fairly light (aluminum casing) and has a standard 4 holes for Vesa mount!