News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Buttons/Mixers layout to follow MIDI "standards"?

Started by xuanvuz, May 08, 2013, 04:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xuanvuz

Hi Dan,

Just a suggestion as I have spend the past couple days preparing for my upcoming gigs. In vArranger, VOICE GROUP, MY SOUNDS, MY SONGS, and the number of items on each "PAGE" varies (10, 12, 20, etc...), and that make it quite difficult to map to a physical midi surface controller, such as nanoKONTROL, Novation Zero SL, Launchpad, or pretty much any surface controllers. Pretty much all physical controllers have sets of 8 knobs, 8 buttons, 8 sliders, etc... I wonder if at some point, you could have an option to be able to layout vArranger in that MIDI "standards" so that it make it easy to control.

For now, imagine you have rows of 8 buttons, trying to map SOUNDS 1 - 10, results in having to use 2 buttons from another row, that leave the other 6 buttons somewhere in between and it's a little bit difficult to remember :)

Just a suggestion to make vArranger better! I'm very excited with its abilities and really looking forward for more features to come!

Thanks,
Kenny.

jan1kow

I have a nanocontroller and don not understand your problem. ?
Just choose what controllers you want to assign to your 8 buttons/knobs and egnore any remaining cotrollers.

jon

Dan

We have to find nice stickers to put on our controllers. :)

xuanvuz

@jon - there are no issues, just a suggestion based on what I've seen on all the hardware/physical midi controllers out there.

@Dan - That is what I'm going to do :) By the way, I've used vArranger on my first gig last night and it was great, no issues at all and the other keyboardist in my band is very interested, you'll probably see a new purchase coming soon your way ;)

Kenny.

Dan

Cool ! A day with a new vArranger buyer is a happy day for me :)