News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Change entries from midi accordion

Started by paoloaccordion, March 14, 2013, 07:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paoloaccordion

hello
I vArranger with the sd2 and MIDI accordion. I want control of my midi changing voices Varranger. I saw your movie. Would you tell me how to set the transmission parameters to Varranger?

paoloaccordion

I read the manual but it does not explain the transmission channels to configure the MIDI accordion. I have already set the channels for MIDI accordion. now I want to figure out how to change the sounds of varranger with my accordion. In practice as well as you do for keyboards

paoloaccordion

The manual does not explain how to change the groups from my midi panel I searched on the forum I have not found anything. It should be the same as a keyboard controller.

paoloaccordion

You have enabled option accordion. You have two options as this also has its internal sounds. Disabling the option for the internal sounds functions as a common midi transmission where you can recall presets of an external expander in this case the vArranger. In the program there is no manual programming of the controller for the accordion.

paoloaccordion

paoloaccordion

It should not be this configuration. The transmission is on the right 1 left 2 bass 3.
Sorry but with a master keyboard, you can change the desks of vArranger?

Dan

Paolo, did you see the OPTIONS/CONTROLLERS screen?

In the bottom of this screen, there is a MIDI MONITOR.

Press some sounds on your accordions, and see what MIDI messages are sent to vArranger.

Look at this long list here.

You can assign every features of this list, to any incoming midi messages.

Just clic on one line of the list, for example the line START/STOP, it will become selected in blue. Then just press a button on your midi accordion.

It's done. Every time you will press this button, the arranger will START.

Dan

Yes, he want to change vArranger sounds from his accordion.
vArranger is listening to any channels for the CONTROLLERS

For the accordion left, right and bass, he already set the vArranger according to his accordion settings.

Dennis, there is no problem for vArranger, to receive midi notes in channel 1, and send them back to the SD2 on it's channel 13.
This is my problem, not yours :)

pax_eterna

8)  I will remove my posts then so it does not confuse things...

D

paoloaccordion

Let me explain. I accordion on the button to call up the sounds of any arranger ranging from 0 to 999. In this case we take as an example the vArranger. Options / Controllers / voice selection. I selected 17 Group1 (Piano) then the number 0 in my panel I selected according to your instructions and saved. It does not work!

Dan

Look in the MIDI MONITOR. (in the bottom of OPTIONS/CONTROLLERS)
What midi message is sent when you press the number 0 in your accordion?

paoloaccordion

[3] MIDI IN PORT=2- MIDISPORT UNO IN  MIDI TYPE=CONTROLLER   CHANNEL=1 CTRL NUMBER=12

Dan

Why it is plugged on MIDI INPUT 2, and not MIDI IN 1?

paoloaccordion

but the accordion works with vArranger. tell me if I have to take other types of connectionsy

Dan

ah ok, it was not 2.

I don't know, I don't have the accordion manual.

You can also assign one your accordion buttons to a function.
If there is a note very low or high that you never use.

If not, simply look at the midi monitor, and try to look at what your accordion is sending for each button, and if it is always the same.
Then assign. It should work.

paoloaccordion

To change the sounds of the accordion vArranger have to activate the program change of sotware.

Dan

vArranger is reacting to ANY midi messages.
You can see them coming on the MIDI MONITOR.
You can assign any type of midi messages to any vArranger function

paoloaccordion

Ok it when I use the keys of the accordion can program them. While when I use the buttons on the panel funzionnano not change the program. I called the manufacturer of the midi and told me that the midi protocol is standardized. Then it should work.

Dan

Can you send me the midi documentation of your accordion?

paoloaccordion

pax_eterna

Quote from: Dan on March 18, 2013, 03:35:50 PM

That was exactly what I was asking for ages ago!!!  ;)

paoloaccordion

Quote from: pax_eterna on March 18, 2013, 04:41:56 PM
Quote from: Dan on March 18, 2013, 03:35:50 PM

That was exactly what I was asking for ages ago!!!  ;)

give me your email I will send

pax_eterna

It's okay Paolo, Dan is onto it -  ;D I don't need it now. Would have been helpful a few days ago ;)

Dennis

paoloaccordion

Quote from: pax_eterna on March 18, 2013, 04:52:01 PM
It's okay Paolo, Dan is onto it -  ;D I don't need it now. Would have been helpful a few days ago ;)

Dennis

Sounds with MIDI accordion?

Dan

I just see the manual. They don't tell about program change.

Before you had vArranger. You used your accordion with the ketron SD2 directly.
Was you able to change sounds of the SD2 from the accordion?

paoloaccordion

No I've never used sd2. But if I press the key notes of the accordion I assign the program change.

paoloaccordion

I tried now with sd2 the program change. It works!

Dan

ok, so can you again press some sound buttons, and post here the MIDI MONITOR screen.

Not only the latest midi event.
Copy all the midi events of the list, so we can see, maybe your accordion is sending many things. not only program changes.

paoloaccordion

paoloaccordion

paoloaccordion

Dan

From what I see, your accordion sent 3 midi events.

- Control 0   this is used to change the BANK of the sound
- Control 7   =  VOLUME
- Control 123   =  All Notes OFF  (you see 12 in the list, but it is 123 in the right pan)

For your picture screens, I can see that your accordion does not send any Program change !!

paoloaccordion

So it is not compatible with the program?
I did a test on other arranger and program shift work.

Dan

I am sorry, but I don't see PROGRAM CHANGE in your MIDI MONITOR.
Try to send program changes without selecting a function in the list, so you will not assign anything.

paoloaccordion

paoloaccordion

With the keys of the notes gives the program change

Dan

AAAHHHH   I just understand what is the problem.

I was not reading good.  Your accordion is sending well the PROGRAM CHANGE !

The problem is that, it sends the ALL NOTE OFF messages every time you change the sound. And this is the last message that vArranger use for the midi control.

I have to update vArranger, so you can select manually the line that you want to assign ! Then you will select the Program change line.

paoloaccordion

paoloaccordion

Ok now assigns from my accordion banks. Now to select the sounds of the banks as I do?

Dan

I sent you a new beta version, and you can now select the PROGRAM CHANGE sent by your accordion.

What I suggest you, is to use the MY SOUNDS bar.

You can drop your 10 preferred sounds for each styles into the MY SOUNDS bar.

Then assign 10 buttons to MY SOUNDS 1, 2, 3 4...  or event MY SOUNDS +/-

When you SAVE SONG, you can save the MY SOUNDS bar together, so every style will have 10 sounds to select.