News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Lesley Speed

Started by stewbow, March 03, 2013, 12:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewbow

Is it possible change the rate of speed of the Lesley effect speeding up and slowing down, the preset appears to a very slow build up and stop, I'd like to put the breaks on a bit faster if possible

Stuart

Dan

The ketron SD2 is very limited with the leslie.
It's only FAST or SLOW...

stewbow

I find that hard to accept, it's such an integral part of the Hammond Organ sound, I have other devices 1 years old that have the capability

Stuart

stewbow

that's  ::)15 years old

Dan

The SD2 has some cons...

We have only eyes to cry :'(

Bernie9

I wonder if VB3 can be integrated in the set up.  It is highly regarded in B3 circles.

pax_eterna

Bernie, any VSTi can be incorporated, especially as Dan has so many midi out options. You would need the VSTi ( of course :) ) and external hosting app (Cantabile, Forte et al) and a software midi router - LoopB (although rather buggy in 64 bit) or my preferred (and I think Dans as well) loopMIDI.

Then it is simply a matter of linking them.

vA midi out using loopMIDI going in to the VST host, Cantabile (in my case) and then into VB3 loaded into the host....maybe some tweaking if the style part playing the VSTi, but that's about it really.

But remember, this is audio you are now dealing with, so you need also a way to get the audio from the host out to your mixer, and then get it balanced to the overall F.O.H. mix. You will need an ASIO driver to accomplish this, FORGET wma, or even WDM/KS - the only possible alternative is to use WASAPI, which is the windows equivalent of ASIO in that it allows direct interfacing with the CPU for audio cycles. It is built into the Windows 7 OS already :)

However the jury is still out on WASAPI as while it DOES work as advertised it is prone to more "flakiness" than ASIO, but I would add that when not put under any great stress (and a single VSTi is no stress at all - assuming one has a decent CPU to begin with) WASAPI is quite capable of handling low latency needs.

Dennis

PS: by the way this is channel specific so you also need to set the host to receive on the channel from which you want to play organ from in vA -for example, right hand 1 - channel 13. Do not use OMNI as then ALL channels from vA will get sent to the VSTi  :o imagine how that would sound  :D

Bernie9

Hi Dennis
That is a great synopsis, thanks for your time.

Bernie

pax_eterna

No probs Bernie - I hope it helped a little :)

D