News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Mox 6 GM

Started by 4partmusic, February 17, 2013, 12:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4partmusic

I have made some progress with my MOX. I found the GM bank on the keyboard and have it set. I have selected MOX in midi controls and have loaded the INS file.  I can hear the music out of the keyboard itself and when I play  key it will start lights flashing on the arranger but no sound. What amI missing?

Thanks

Terry

Dan

You have to set the mox to send on midi channel 1 (on the whole keyboard)

You have to set LOCAL OFF on the mox too

stewbow

I have an older model Yamaha MM6,
On both these keyboards the specs say that it has a GM 128 voice and 1 drum kit sound set
BUT, I set my varranger to XG and it works incredibly well with the yamaha styles, picking out the drums on channel 9 aswell!!
I dont have to set local keyboard to OFF, I would have thought that the no sound problem is because you haven;t selected to Yamaha USB option in the midi playback box

Stuart

stewbow

Just thinking, I wouldn't have thought you would have to select a GM setting to recieve the midi signal, I would have thought that it would be automatically selected.
Maybe do a factory reset on the keyboard and start from fresh

Stuart

stewbow

sorry, slight error, I would have thought that you would NOT have had to select GM

Stuart

Dan

When you press START on vArranger...

Do you hear the drums from your Yamaha MOX?

4partmusic

No  drums just keyboard.  I have recieve channel set to 1 and Local off.  Do I need to be in voice or perform mode?

Dan

No. The keyboard should SEND on the channel 1, but receive on the 16 channels !
I don't know the mode to select (I think voice?), but you need to set it, to be able to play instruments on the 16 channels

4partmusic

Ok, I will try setting it on Omni for recieve channel and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Terry