News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

SD4 outputs

Started by pax_eterna, June 28, 2012, 01:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pax_eterna

I cannot find this info anywhere on the internet, well not specifically anyway...so I want to ask if anyone knows how the SD4 audio outputs are routed?

Are they:
1. a true left and right send only
2.right and left are sent equally from both
3. one or the other will function as a "summed" mono ouput

The reason I am asking is I use a mono PA system (Bose L1 Model 1-dual sub) . I know the SD1's and the Audya have a "left/mono" jack and this is clearly marked, but it is not so obvious with these small modules.

Thanks

Dan

I don't know.try panning a solo track and play with mono cables

pax_eterna

Thanks Dan, from my tests i have concluded that the exact same signal is fed to the left and right, so theoretically either can be run as a single mono out....but I was more asking for others opinions based on their direct experience. Not a big issue, I could have always made a small adaptor, or bought one!!

Dan

Cool. I don't know how they are doing this, to detect if there is only one cable and mix the 2 outs to this cable.

pax_eterna

Yeah that's probably what I will do to 100% confirm.(just make a small test adaptor cable)..... To my ears, I can not detect a difference between what is coming out the left or what is coming out the right when either is sent by itself to the PA. If it turns out to be the case, then no adaptor needed, just need to ensure all mixing is either panned to the one side, or centred :)