News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

SD2 INSTRUMENT DEFINITION FILES (.INS)

Started by pax_eterna, June 06, 2012, 04:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pax_eterna

Can anyone advise where the ins file is for the SD4? I can find the SD2 ins, but not SD4..

Thanks

Dan

You don't need the SD2 or SD4 ins file, because the SD2/SD4 sounds are already included in vArranger

pax_eterna

Thanks Dan, but I need it for Sonar for editing of midi files :)

Dan

They are on the Ketron website. Not sure if they are 100% correct !

pax_eterna

Thanks again Dan...already downloaded the software from Ketron that SAYS it's for the SD4, but the only INS file included after unzipping is the SD2...

I might just have to modify it myself in Sonar to add the extra data from the SD4..

Dan

pax_eterna

SD4 has the drums 2 and loops ;) a.f.a.i.k. these are not on the SD2, I had a quick look at the sound data in the manual (sd4) and it did look to be a bit different, but I may be mistaken of course..plus it has the 128 presets - 64 factory and 64 user, which are in addition to the 354 in the soundbanks and the GM banks

Dan

SD2 has the the same number of live drums as the SD4.
The presets of the SD4 are only useful if you don't use vArranger.
With vArranger you have even more presets and more features to save in presets.

pax_eterna

Does the SD2 also have all the loops too?  Seems I may have been mis-informed by the dealer on the differences between the SD2 and SD4....I maybe could have gone with JUST the SD2

Dan

SD2 and SD4 does not have any loops inside.
They have some instruments called LIVE DRUMS who are drum/perc sounds mapped in an unusual way, and often coming from audio loops sliced.
You can try them if you send CTRL 0 = 4 and send program changes
Ketron styles use them and that why you get this particular sound/groove

pax_eterna