Dusan

I read almost all post and answers from members,but dont see any post
about registration opcion on vArranger.
Can enybody tell me about ?

Thank you

Bernie9

Hi Dusan

What exactly is your question ?

Instruments are chosen for left, right and second voice if desired.  You load up your favorites bar by dragging them to it.  You choose whatever style you want.  You adjust the volumes if needed, and save.

That is a real basic registration.

Bernie

Dusan

Thanks Bernie,

dont know what kinde of set up you haw with vArranger and wich kayboard
you used to kontrol vArranger.About registration I mean some kinde of similar
like Tyros haw or Audya.You must excuse me cos I dont know vArranger whell
and some time asck some stuped question.
If vArranger haw that kinde of funcion and pasabillity to kontrol with kayboard
then you can arrange your performance wery easelly.

I yust ascking and wonder....

Thank you

Lionel

Hi Dusan,

If I understand what you are asking then the registration for vArranger
is like when you set a song up or style it can be saved unique, meaning that all if not most
settings , paremeters are saved with it, and when you select and open that song/style all settings are there
instantly for that song.

Lionel

Dusan

Hi Lionel,

yes,exsactly that function registration haw,and more...
For exsample:on Tyros and ather PSR Yamaha series kayboard
haw eight registration button.In ich button you can save diferent
setings of one or more style or song.That registrations you can
cal queck with buttons on kayboard or with foot swich.You dont nead
eight swich,but simple control wit only one pedal.
For exsample:
in first of eight buton save style with one of thre intros,
in second button save mine A or D part of style and so one.
In ather button you can save ather setings like drums solo or Bass solo,
transpose etc.
I used last button for End of style in my performance.I am not young
enymore and cant memorise with wich ending is real end of my song who perform in real time.
That button is solution to end my song with allways right ending....
I dont figuret aut yet who is creator of vArranger,but maby is not so hard to edd
some kinde of registration in vArranger in future.
That will be a great solution.

Thanks for your coment and I like to talk this way.

Regards

Lionel

Hi Dusan,

If you can tell me what you want in a song exactly then I will try to explain
how I do my setup. Every one has a different approach to how they do things.

In some  songs that I have setup I just hit any key - songs starts with intro, plays all chords including fills, variation changes
all instruments are set and change when variation changes, and of course ending plays.

The mod wheel is set in case tempo needs to be increased or decreased when playing live.

And other songs my wife plays all chords, variation changes and ending. (This is best way to do dynamic playing)

Lionel

Bernie9

I think part of what Dusan is saying is that he wants to save the exact intro, variation, and ending with a song, as well as the other settings.
For example, he might not remember if a song ended on ending 1,2, or 3 or intro 1,2, or 3.

Dusan

Quote from: Bernie9 on December 05, 2011, 10:01:24 AM
I think part of what Dusan is saying is that he wants to save the exact intro, variation, and ending with a song, as well as the other settings.
For example, he might not remember if a song ended on ending 1,2, or 3 or intro 1,2, or 3.

Bernie,exsactly that I mean what you say.I newer gig with Midi files and I haw no
interest to used them.I always play with styles.
So ,registration is a best solution to perform your song with all particulary parts of
song.If that song haw some Bass or Drums solo you can simple descrise ather instruments
in style and save that setings in one of registration.

With one word I just want to know haw that kinde of function work on vArranger if exsist.
In many ather questions about vArranger is one who interest me much more:
Haw I can control vArranger with my Audya76 kayboard?What kinde of Midi mesage setings I
must to do on vArranger and in my Audya to haw best result?

Regards

Bernie9

You are over my head now.  I do not know enough about midi CC#'s and Audya 76.
Dan is probably the only man that can answer.

I use vArranger differently, with a controller keyboard(Axiom61).  I like to take a simple setup like my laptop, SD2, and Axiom to nursing homes when I don't feel like carrying heavy equipment.  I get a lot of good sound in a light package.

You are ahead of me in knowing midi and the Audya, so I am not able to answer you correctly.
Bernie

Lionel

Hi Dusan,

From what i gather yo are asking, vArranger does what you want.

That is set the song with whatever you want including patches to intruments per variation style intro's , ending save and that s how
it will play back.

Lionel

Dusan

Thank you guys for your answers.

Maby I want to much from vArranger,but what I can conclusion from
your answers is anaf good for me.
Only question who is opened is haw to control vArranger from kayboard.
I like to know haw you did this  or is in Varranger some presetings for
diferent instruments.Like setings for Midi controler or setings for ather
instrument like Ketron SD1 or some Yamaha instrument.

Thanks again

Bernie9

The controls are all in the vArranger settings.  They are all "Learn" so you choose the ones you want, and one by one you bring one up and hit any key on the keyboard that transmits midi.  If the keyboard does not have enough keys or sliders, you can get a cheap Korg Nano.  The qwerty keyboard can also be used for single action buttons like stop, start, sync, etc.

Like I said, I use a controller keyboard and the set up is simple after you decide what you want to control.  Sliders are assigned to volumes, buttons to style var.,etc.  I have never used the Audya as a controller but I am sure you can,but how can you use it for both.  I mean if you assign a function button to vArranger, wouldn't that activate the function as well ? But if you use a mini controller for the control(Korg Nano), that would solve that.  I know Lionel had one at one time.

The sounds can be derived from any sound source connected to midi in.  It was designed originally for SD2 but not limited to it certainly.

There are other members who have done more than In connecting two keyboards and used other modules.  Maybe they will jump in.

Bernie

Dusan

Thanks Bernie,

your explanation is a good news for me.Dont know whay Dan dont
subscription on last feu weks but I am shure they will soon and
explain haw to set my Audya to send and recive Midi mesages.

That is my last question befor I make a decision to purchase vArranger.

Regards

PS

What kinde of Laptop you used for vArranger and do you haw
computer with touch screen?

Bernie9

Dusan

I haved used 1ghz netbook 10" - Too small and weak, although it does work.
4 yr old Dell XP 15" - works well.
New Asus win7 i7 w/7200 HD - Way more power than needed for vArranger.

Dan, and maybe a few more have touch screens.  I have heard good results, but I have never had one.

Today I did order an Acer Iconia W500 with touch screen tablet.  I had to have Windows OS due to my other apps.  I doubt if I will use it for vArranger, but I will load it when it comes in.  Who knows.

vArranger is a great program for what it is, and getting better all the time.  Whether it will serve your purpose is known only by you.  I am sure Dan will be back on soon to answer your other questions.

Bernie