News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Harmony effect / song chord export

Started by jan1kow, November 09, 2011, 11:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jan1kow

Dan
Any idea when you will be able to make harmony which allows you to harmonise the lead solo voiced played on the Right section according to the
chord played.
Also please think about this related feature as I cannot find a product that does this except Band in a Box which would mean I would have to re-enter all song chords into BIAB (as in current VA song chord process).
Could it be possible to make harmonisation into existing tracks of an midi file of melody single solo notes.
This would involve VA analyzing a chord track and layering the harmony chords under the lead melody solo notes at the midi file export stage.
An option for the harmony notes being quiter with less velocity would also be needed. 
The user would have to make a chord track dedicated for harmonisation purposes that started at the first beat of every track. This is to prevent the first melody solo note on the first beat from playing the chord harmonies from the previous bar. I already have a dedicated chord track for my vocaliser harmonies purposes on most midi files. In my older midi files without a dedicated harmony track I copy a chord track and slide (with cakewalk) the existing chords back to the first beat of every track on the copied track then set the vol to of that track to zero so it is analised but not heard playing out of rhythm/beat. This usually makes a reasonable harmony track.
Dan Have you found the Song chord export bug to save the user from trial attempts until the file export is accurate?
Its very clever feature when it does work. :)
So Dan what month this update. l
Jon

Dan

Jon, you know that you can play up to 5 sounds together for the right hand.

I have this idea for the harmony feature :

When you double clik on Right1/2/3/4/2nd Voice track, on the SOUND EDIT screen, I will add a HARMONY menu, and you can select some options like NONE, 3RD, OCTAVE...... (we have to think about all options)     then SAVE the new SOUND with the harmony options.

Then we will add a HARMONY button to put ON and OFF the harmony

I am waiting for your comments/ideas

Lionel

Dan,

Will the option be available for Left instrument users.
As i mention to Jon in a previous thread, because I play all lead while my wife plays chords on Right instrument.

My take is that the harmony feature needs a dialog of its own with the option of selecting 3rds, 5ths,etc.
because of the range that can be selected.

I have attached some screen shots of BIAB Harmony setup.

Lionel

jan1kow

lionel/DAN
Not sure about BIB
Im lookin for automatic harmony which adds 3 or 4 notes below the lead melody note played.
As if you are playing full right hand melody chords for the melody.
Ketron SD3 simply had a selection of 6 or 7 options and you chose FULL/ JAZZ/BLUE GRASS ETC. )
(see page 13 of the SD3 manual)
DAN
This cannot be pre-set with simply a note 1/3 above or below the lead note as the harmonies under the lead note are changing to suit the left hand chord being played.
I have attached a demo starting at bar 16 on track 3/CH16 made from my SD3 if you need an example strings harmony.
CH6 track1 is the lead oboe solo .
VA needs to make the harmony on a seperate track also as the the lead solo is OBOE and the harmony track is STRINGS.
I use 2 sounds. like an full string orchestra would do following the lead soloist.
I dont really want complicated menues or choices just a button for FULL andother button for JAZZ etc. 
jon