News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

yamaha psr sx700 preset styles played with vArranger2

Started by oresteb, January 29, 2023, 11:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oresteb

Hello, I want to buy vArranger2 to create song with preset Yamaha styles and my psr sx700. I'm not shure that VA2 play the original voices/sounds of the style (i.e. drumkits, megavoices, articulations,...) and not only the GM/XS voices/sounds.
Thanks for the answer.

v.muller

If I am right, you can create a midi file using vArranger's Song chord function.
Then you can play this midi file and record it as an audio file using your keyboard.

oresteb

My question is about voices/sounds of the yamaha styles. If VA2 play only GM/XS sounds, the quality of song is not the same of the yamaha psr sx arranger.
I think better solution is to ask a trial version of software.

Dan

Hello,

It can create songs using the original voices / megavoices / drumkits...
You need the INS definition file of your PSR for this

Dan

I understand you will still use your keyboard for generating the sound, and not our software synthesizer

oresteb

Yes Dan, I want use my keyboard (Yamaha psr sx700) to generating the original sounds of yamaha styles.
As seen in VA tutorial on youtube, the choice of style and input of chords are more easy in VA than in my keyboard.
If the INS file it's all that I need, I will buy your sw.
Thanks

oresteb

Thanks for INS file link.
A last question: with the INS file, I select from a list a single preset sound of my keyboard (i.e. melody voice); I have to select each sounds of the style (drum, bass, acc.) or does VA with the style sounds of my keyboard?

Dan

The sounds included in the styles for each tracks are sent to the keyboard

oresteb

It's right but for new yamaha styles (as psr-sx keyboard) VA have to read SFF2 format.

Dan

alpal01

Quote from: oresteb on January 31, 2023, 03:59:39 PMYes Dan, I want use my keyboard (Yamaha psr sx700) to generating the original sounds of yamaha styles.
As seen in VA tutorial on youtube, the choice of style and input of chords are more easy in VA than in my keyboard.
If the INS file it's all that I need, I will buy your sw.
Thanks
Very first post here, so scuse clumsiness ! - what functi0n does the INS have ? - how is it applied in vArranger ? - BTW my main sound source will be a yamaha MODX, which is working nicely so far on some basic old yamaha arranger styles I (fortunately) kept. 

Dan

The INS files are text files with the list of the instrument names of a sound module.
vArranger can load those INS files to allows you do select the sounds of your sound module directly from a clear list in the INS screen, and not with program and bank numbers
For the MODX, I posted the INS file here
https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php?msg=34743

There is an option in the INS screen, to link an INS file with a MIDI OUT
https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php?msg=29623

This way, vArranger will know more about your sound module and will display the names in the track, and will adapt it's outputs (megavoices, drums mapping etc...)