News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

LED Feedback Arturia KeyLab

Started by mlavio829, October 23, 2022, 11:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlavio829

Hi,
Any ideas on how to get the LED feedback for an Arturia KeyLab Mk2 88 key piano?
I can get it working for a Arturia BeatStep but not the controller piano.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Michael

Dan

Hi Michael,
From my past experience, Arturia was not a good friend with LED FEEDBACK
They don't write anything about it in their manual, and all emails I sent to them about LED FEEDBACK were never answered.
Such things are difficult to program without doing some research and tests on the real thing. One user was very very interested in the BeatStep and sent it to me !
I was able to found some hacked info in a website and program something for it
It is still not 100% perfect, as internal functions interacts with our feedback sysex messages. I had to hack it a lot....
So sad they don't understand we can use their products as simple midi keyboard and not interested in analog synths, arpeggiators and sequencers features
Maybe one day Arturia will read this post  ::)

mlavio829

Hi Dan,
That's not positive news.
It's weird tho because the only real difference I can tell in the Arturia MIDI Control software is that the BeatStep is setup to use Global channel (which works) while the KeyLab uses User. Is there a particular channels I should set the KeyLab to - I can map this to any channel? (I.e does vArranger send the led feedback on a particular channel?)

Dan

I have found some info here https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=104707.0
It is different from Beatstep... More buttons, different options...
Seems something difficult to develop without physical kb here
I have just asked Aarturia to borrow one model
Who knows, maybe now they will answer

Is is a good keyboard? Are you very motivated on this?

mlavio829

It's a really good keyboard. Nice action with Fatar key bed and 88 keys. Like a Genos or Pa5x when paired with vArranger.
I would love to get this working.

Dan

I have received a good answer from Arturia.
There will be probably a better integration of the Keylab mkII soon