News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Best Controller for vArranger

Started by OldTimerBill, July 14, 2022, 01:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimerBill

Hi All ... I hope you are well.

I am interested in which controllers people have had the best experience with when controlling vArranger. I would think you could get a midi controller with lots of buttons, knobs, and faders
and map those to vArranger. Another option might be to get an older arranger keyboard with buttons, knobs, and faders already set up for accessing arranger keyboard functions.

Which controller(s) are you using to control vArranger.

Thanks,

Bill

Dan

The KORG NANOKONTROL 2 is cheap and cool for controlling vArranger
Most of hardware arrangers are not good to control vArranger, as they don't send consistent midi messages on their buttons, and they also have internal functions connected to those buttons. eg. START/STOP will play the style and sends a lot of midi messages

OldTimerBill

Thanks Dan. The good thing about your recommendation of the Korg Nanokontrol 2 is that I already own one.  ;)

OldTimerBill

Hi again Dan and all,

Dan, I don't know where my mind was when I replied to your post about the Nanokontrol. I realized I didn't ask my original question very well.

What I really want to know is what type of keyboard people are using with vArranger.

Pekilik

Novation sl61 mk3, very good for playing with vA2, big number of control, led feadback etc...

OldTimerBill

Thanks very much for the Novation recommendation.

Dan

Do you have the mk3?
How the keybed is?
Do you have led feedback? I did not programmed yet specific messages for this model, as I don't have it

Pekilik

Hello Dan,

-Yes I have sl61 mk3

-If you think on keyboard it is OK not too hard and not too easy

-Yes I have led feadback but i had to route the messages by Bomes midi translator because mk3 use different number for green and red button colors,
you use 0 and 127 but mk3 use 72 and 64 for this colors and led feadback work only in InControl mod, mk3 has programers manual, where you can see how it can be progammed, if you can't download from their site I can send it to you because you might not be able to download if you don't own the product.

-I wanted to contact you about adding new controls for more fill ins and variations eg. 6 variations and 10 fill ins new ones since vA2 allows it and I already use it on mk3 because I have a lot of control buttons, the only thing missing is led feedback, and I select them with the mouse click command using Bomes midi translator, and it would be nice to be able to do it all directly from the vA2 control window, if possible, I will contact you by email regarding that.

DenisManuel

Hello friend, I am using an M Audio oxygen pro 61, it is good, it has 8 buttons, 9 faders, 8 knobs and 16 pads, programmable on the computer, all this multiplied by 4 because it has 4 banks in each preset and some keys of good size and very pleasant to the touch.  Cheers