News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

v0.72 Ready to test

Started by Dan, May 17, 2010, 08:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

You can test all the features we told about here.

And many improvments and bug corrections.

If you find any bugs, or prefer the musical feeling of an older version, let me know.

The update can be downloaded from the same location as the previous version.

Dan

Bernie9

Thanks for all the work, Dan.  Will give it a spin.

Lionel

Thanks Dan,
I will let you know what I think.

Lionel

Bernie9

I took vArranger out for the first time to my band dance Monday.  This is a sixteen pc band and, of course I didn't need any styles.  I loaded 10 instrumets in my Band folder and was ready to fill in with any instrument needed.

I want to report that, not only, it played without a problem, but SD2 sounds were startling to others, because of their quality and the ability to cut throught the mix.  On every song we have 4 verses.  I back up on three and solo one.

I have three top of the line arrangers and a Kurweil work station.  None can beat the sound of the SD2 and vArranger.

Today I go to my two hour show with vArranger, loaded with songs and styles.  I love the latest version, Dan.  I am happy to save key changes and control Leslie sim.  I have to manually set left hand, but that's okay.

How are we getting on with saving other voice and volume paramiters besides left and right 1 ?

Dan

Hi Bernie,

I am very happy listening about your first experiences with vArranger.

As you said, the overall musicality of the vArranger + SD2 is amazing.

I have the same pleasure playing with it like you.

Note that if you select the LEFT track, you can choose the 'BY STYLE' preset, so the left hand will use the left style settings, as on any Ketron keyboard.

If not you can select another sound, for example a grand piano. Then save the song.

Your left hand setting will be saved.

Dan

ps . I am very curious about your 16 pc band ! do you have any recording for me? :)

Lionel

Hi Dan,
Love the cosmetic changes, quite like it.

One thing is that I either had a good sleep or the vArranger seems to have a good sound going thru SD2.

Did you change some things or is it just me. :-\

Somewhere along the line we need to start a user manual as the changes happen so does the ability to get lost of the changes and either forget or just don't know.

Lionel

Dan

Hi Lionel,

I am also in love for the new colors and the new shiny buttons :) ... always improving....  I think design helps a lot to understand how to use the software, and if it is intuitive, and looks good, then we have pleasure to use it.

I take a lot of time, thinking on how to implement each feature to the musicians. Intuitive and easy...

With vArranger you can start playing music directely. There is also some 'hidden' features, that you discover after using it some days.

I think it is the good time to create a nice manual.

If some of the users want to help on some sections of the manual, it will be very welcome, as the english is not my language.

I will then explain all the secrets to put on a manual...

Also, on every version, I improve things, and yes improving also the sound quality and playability.

Dan

Lionel

Hi Dan,
Yes looks (GUI) influences the end user because if he does not like how it looks he is already BIASed into thinking it performs how it looks.
Also how the eye catches things when playing live, helps with what you are trying to do.

Ok, I will put up my hand to help in the manual since I am asking.
Fire away when ready and lets work it out. 8) ;D

We can tackle it a bit at a time, eh?

Lionel

Dan

Hi Lionel,

I am ready to start.

The best is to do it cooperative.

Subject by subject.

Dan

Bernie9

If there is anything I can help with, let me know.

Lionel

Ok guys, Team Work ;D

Dan you tell us where to start.

Obviously you will steer the ship while us sailors hoist the sails. 8)

Man overboard, ::) just joking :-[

Lionel

Bernie9

Since you guys know the program better than I, I may fall overboard at the getgo.  However, I am confident I will be recued.

Dan

I am thinking about some big titles :

- General presentation of the software
- Explanation of each zone of the main screen
- Connecting devices to vArranger (Midi ins / out)
- A guide how to start playing
- Controlling vArranger by hardware
- Playing sounds
- Playing with the Arranger
- Sound Editing
- My sounds
- Drawbars
- Saving Startup settings
- Saving Style
- Midifile
- Karaoke
- MP3 and mixing
- Lyrics
- Effects

If you fill confindent on a section, let's start on it

Also, you can inspire on the others keyboards arranger manuals :)

Dan

Lionel

Ok Dan,
We need to mention who is currrently doing what so no duplication and wasted time.

Lionel

Bernie9

I do not feel qualified as a lead man, but perhaps edit English content.

Lionel

Bernie,
I don't think there is any lead man just greatful helpers assisting Dan.
Your input will be of great value into shaping this manual for all to understand. As far as I m concerned, we do a section each and then we help each other to shape the contents into meaningful words for end user.
Otherwords, say I write about connecting inputs, you can read and give constructive comments about it. You do the same and I will read yours and give input about it, etc.
First up we need to start on the very basics of vArranger2. Dan we need your guidance here mate.

Take the helm, there's a reef dead ahead, ahhh! :o
Ok! Ok! shut up yah land lubber! :-X

Lionel.