Main Menu

Interested in buying vArranger

Started by Biggles, December 30, 2021, 06:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggles

Had a Yamaha and a Korg Arranger so not new to them

I suck with MIDI.

Looking to possibly buy vArranger but:-

The lack of a trial version is a massive put me down, 300 Euro is a lot to shell out on the chance of it working for me.

Online tutorial and demo videos are not that great, not a patch on the simple Korg and Yamaha how to video tutorials.

One thing I cannot get my head round is how you change from one variation to another and to an ending smoothly? 

Also how you change instruments smoothly mid song?

It is easy with a dedicated physical arranger but my laptop is not touchscreen and as I said my MIDI ability is not good and all the videos I have seen there is a definitive pause in the song.

Convince me to buy!

EDIT 7 Jan

I have a Numa Compact 2X, keyboard and it is with this that I am looking at using vArranger

v.muller

Dan promises a refund in case of dissatisfaction.
(during the trial period)

Any function can be controlled
- by the PC keyboard
- by any midi device (KORG NANOKONTROL, PLAYTRON by Playtronica, any MIDI keyboard,...)

Dan

Yes, there is many way to control vArranger from midi controller like KORG NANOKONTROL2 or pc keyboard etc....
Why do you think to buy vArranger? Your Yamaha and Korg is not enough?
Not that I want to dissuade you :) but want to understand your need

Biggles

Quote from: Dan on December 30, 2021, 10:39:46 PM
Yes, there is many way to control vArranger from midi controller like KORG NANOKONTROL2 or pc keyboard etc....
Why do you think to buy vArranger? Your Yamaha and Korg is not enough?
Not that I want to dissuade you :) but want to understand your need

I do not have either a Yamaha or a Korg or any other make of arranger, why would you assume that I do?

I am not seeing anything so far to make me want to buy your programme, not having a trial version sucks and no I am not inclined to spend 300 Euro on the off chance that it will work on my Laptop without latency and having to add a MIDI unit that I do not have the skillset to get working does not help.

I am still open yto be convinced

Dan

Sorry my mistake, I thought you had an arranger.
We don't have any user that have problem with Latency and vArranger doesn't require having the skillset in MIDI domain. Just to be able to plug a USB cable and clic few buttons to configure the first time.
If you need a plug and play arranger, the hardware arrangers are very good for that, but they also require skills to be used in advanced way.

v.muller

By the way.
I bought a 3D printer last month.

I would like to design my own MIDI controller for vArranger
All I need for live play is these buttons:
Intro 1, Intro 2, Intro 3,
Main A, Main B, Main C, Main D,
Ending 1, Ending 2, Ending 3
and Start / Stop

I can set all the other functions before playing on the PC.
If I succeed, I will share the whole project on the forum.

Dan

This is a great project. Let us know when you have something to show
I build too a keyboard with computer and vArranger inside

Jamkey

Streamdeck is working perfect for me.  :D

eallan

Jamkey ,
How do you use Streamdeck with Midi?

Jamkey

Hello eallan,

Every button on the Streamdeck can be programmed to send a different Keystroke, this simulate a press on a A-Z letter on the PC-Keyboard.
With these Keystrokes you can control vArranger.

Regards.

Heimatti

The question from Biggles get a strange twist here. We go from "can I use it and how controll it to a hobby project of a button box :-) "

But to answer it.
If you want to control it with hardware buttons a keyboard with buttons is the easiest way. You just select in a list in vArranger what you want to "program" and then press the button and it is saved. Easy as that. Musicians are most of the time no technical persons so the industry and also Dan needed to make it as easy as possible.
On the other hand Dan is asking a good question, why do you want vArranger? Perhaps a keyboard will be easier. I just love the concept of vArranger but still struggling with the issue that I spend 350 Euro and rely on one person.

And then to the 3D printed box: Great idea if you like the hobby stuff and everything is custom made so you can make it exactly as you want. I saw that vArranger also supports game controller. You get via game controller 10 buttons for less than 20 Euros. Perhaps the cheapest and easiest way.
Search Amazon or Banggood for "Arcade Game USB Encoder" and you have a usb controller that will be seen as native game controller and can be used for all these.
The steamdeck is of course much nicer and great to use.

The race simulation world is using a lot of these button boxes...

Biggles

Thanks for the responses.

I have just looked at the MIDI controller suggested ie Streamdeck and that is for sale at £120.

Seems rather a lot of cash

Dan

The cheapest is to start with your space bar of your pc keyboard to start/stop, and few other keys to change variations, fill ins and ending :) You decide

garciarob

Quote from: Biggles on January 07, 2022, 10:22:08 PM

I have just looked at the MIDI controller suggested ie Streamdeck and that is for sale at £120.

you could use nanokontrol, it's really cheap in used market. It's also really easy to configure.

Jacques1220

Quote from: garciarob on February 26, 2022, 07:20:51 AM
Quote from: Biggles on January 07, 2022, 10:22:08 PM

you could use nanokontrol, it's really cheap in used market. It's also really easy to configure.

If you like to make it yourself, you can use two computer keyboards  ;)