News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

MIDI Out Problems

Started by musicmaker84, August 01, 2021, 02:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicmaker84

Hi Dan,

I recently tried to integrate my PA 700 into my vArranger setup.

I decided to use it at home as MIDI 1 Out. I learned to program left and right hand sounds through vArranger. No problem there.

Now, I also use VSTs (MIDI Out 2) with vArranger being the host and VSTs outside vArranger but being controlled by vArranger through MIDI 3 Out.

The issue I have is when I save right hand sounds that only are supposed to be via MIDI 2 Out or MIDI 3 Out (no check mark next to MIDI Out 1), the PA 700 still receives bank and program changes as if MIDI Out 1 is still enabled although it is not according to vArranger.

In other words, vArranger seems to keep ignoring the right hand voice routing not to be send via MIDI Out 1.

Is there a solution to this?

Merci beaucoup.

Dan

Yes, Bank and Program changes are always sent to all MIDI OUTs, but it should not be a problem.
This is a desired feature to help getting fast changes between patches and styles

musicmaker84

Thanks Dan.

Could it be made optional? I really would like for it to be routed as assigned in right/left voice. Otherwise the PC changes the PA 700 receives when I only want to use the VST for specific patches renders the integration less useful in my use case scenario.

Dan

If you don't want to use the PA700, you just select NONE to the midi out .
If you want to use the PA700 + VSTi , it should not be a problem that vArranger sends midi program changes to the PA700 when you don't use the PA700, as it will not generate sound