News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

OMB Guitars has anyone tried it

Started by hayseed, July 25, 2021, 09:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayseed

I seen a bit of new tech that looks pretty interesting.  Has anyone tried it or use it with varranger
I'm not affiliated but the website is here. ombguitars.com. 
If this guitar setup would work with varranger I would be very happy     YT has some demo videos working with the Ketron stand alone units (midi jay and sd90) but I would prefer to use a PC  with varranger

PS message for Dan.  I have not upgraded varranger software for a while  and see some ideas on here for updating but I do not want to update until I am able to save all the setting and recall registrations similar to psr keyboards.  Is this function coming?   
Thank you
Hayseed

Dan

Hello,

I never tried this product, but as long it sends the played midi notes in the midi channel 1, it will work as a midi keyboard or a midi guitar.

What setting saving is actually missing to you ?

Dan

hayseed

Dan I would like something similar to the OTS on the yamaha keyboards or 4 registrations for the right hand at least where you could assign   style , tempo  and 4 variations of voices with volumes set, I realize there is the save song feature that saves whatever is selected in the dropdown but I do not know how to play and sing and try to dig into  the song retrieval menu and select another song/style  with only such a slight variation.( for example the accordion slightly louder and a sax coming in the back round on #2 registration, and number 3 registration could be a clarinet also layered on top and so on  ) that's only an example of what is requested, also if I make 4 songs/ styles for each basic rhythm selection, the list would be terribly long.

I get exited about using you program every couple of years and really try to learn the system and try to make it work for my gigs but then get frustrated with it and go back to the yamaha psr keyboard because of the ability to simply be a player and not a programmer.   
Dan Your program is wonderful, it has so many features, it just is difficult to work with, perhaps if there is someone out there gigging and has a smooth system for picking styles with variations for voices , I would love to see a video.   
Also a quick access button to get to the midi files button as I use a lot of midi files  when I play the guitar.   I'm using the korg nano controller.   perhaps it's already there , I just have not found it.

Thanks
Hayseed

Dan

To change right hand voices very fast, during song playing, we have added the ' MY SOUNDS ' bar. You can have up to 10 or 20 voices per style, ready to play. Just drop some sounds into the My sounds zone.
This is how I imagined it...

The SEARCH feature is interesting to select a midifiles.
https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,58

hayseed

Hello Dan
sorry for all the questions but I've decided to buckle down and learn and streamline Varranger so that I can use it.

#1 I've found the search feature but only get styles and patterns, how do I get it to search the folder where the midi files are or do I have to move the .mid files into a special folder?

#2 I found the answer to this problem , it was the link feature ( I'm using a different laptop , small mini touch screen and could hardly see the link button )
Thanks
Mark

Dan

If you click on MY SONGS, and then OPEN THE MY SONGS FOLDER, you will see where all your songs are
You can add any folders inside this song folder
You can add any type of files... styles.. midifiles... you are free to manage your folders as you want
Then you restart vArranger, or clic REFRESH
And then the SEARCH feature will found all you files.... styles, midifiles, mp3...

hayseed

Hello Dan
#1   Is there a way to have the lyrics for a song automatically pop up when a MP3 is selected?    I have a different program and the way the lyrics are brought in at the same time as the MP3 is that both files have to have the same name but the type of files are different one is .mp3 and the other is . (it's a proprietary file)

Thanks
Hayseed

hayseed

Hello Dan
Is there a way to set the voice for the 2nd right hand, right now mine boots up with a quartet strings sound, I've found where to toggle the on off on startup but I would like to assign RH 2nd to a piano and then I can easily hit the nanokontrol assignment I have for turn on RH 2nd voice.

Also this is more of A ketron question but has anyone had an experience with the SD1000 emitting a faint rising and falling sound , almost sounds like a motorcycle speeding up and slowing down constantly, it's faint but very annoying.

Thanks
Hayseed

Dan

- Right click on a song, from the left vertical list
- Click on ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC...
- Select your score file  JPEG, PDF, TXT, RTF, etc...
- It's done !

You can do again ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC... if you want to add more sheet music pages for the same song.
To use PDF files, you need to install the PDF plugin https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,802.0.html

We also now have MP3+G support that display a karaoke screen

Other MP3 tag lyrics support are in study

#2 You can use up to 5 voices together for right hand.
You select the RIGHT 1 2 3 4 / 2nd VOICE track and select the sound.
Then you can save the preset with SAVE RIGHT SOUND
This preset will be found again by selecting the RIGHT or LEFT track, close to the master fader
You can assign 5 buttons for the ON/OFF of each of the 5 tracks, or 5 volumes fader from your nanokontrol

#3 Is it a noise in the sound output of the SD1000, or the SD1000 hardware box itself? I did not noticed noises coming from the SD1000 box

hayseed

#2   yes I have found where to assign voices and save as you described, works great.    I just felt it would be easier to have the 2 nd sound default on start  to a piano all the time, for me this would seem to save me some steps and I always would know that I have quick access to a piano ( quick slide dwn on primary RH sound and hit button for 2nd sound on with my nano control.)  If I have primary RH sound as Sax for ex               

The whiring sound is coming from the output of the SD1000  it starts 1/2second after last note is played to the SD1000

Thank You
Hayseed

hayseed

Hello Dan
I don't know if you had seen my request for answer to assigned sound per RH #2 on bootup of the program but mine defaults to a string, I would like it to boot to a piano.

Is there a setting that allows it to boot to a specified sound. I realize you mentioned that I can change that sound and save it and I know how that function works.
I'm trying to minimize the amount of presets that  must be created and if 2nd RH sound was a default piano it would save me a huge amount of time and searching for sounds during playing.

second question   
Is it possible to have 2 korg nano control units. The one I have works great but all the assignments are full  or is there another solution for quick control over functions, not so much as sliders , more for single function button controls. 

Thanks
Hayseed

Dan

Hello Hayseed,

The second voice is more done to layer a second sound with the main sound, that's why it is usually a strings sounds that is added
You seems to want to go back easily to the main piano sound, so better for this to use the MY SOUNDS feature
You just drag & drop your PIANO sound from the right vertical list to the MY SOUNDS zone, and you put it at the first position always
You then assign a button from the NanoKontrol to the MYSOUND #1, so you can go to the piano sound immediately

Yes, you can use 2 Korg NanoKontrol

Is the noise of your SD1000 present on both headphones and line rca outputs? does it depends on the volume slider? is it also present even if the SD1000 is not connected to USB or MIDI, but just the power supply?

hayseed

Hello Dan , I have done that with my sounds piano #1, so in my case here is my reason for wanting a piano as second sound.    Your program is incredible and this along with the good sounds of the SD 1000 makes it very powerful, There is not enough room or to create my songs for all available 1st RH  sounds that I may want to use.

I do not want to have isolated sounds, for me and my style of playing  I wish to have primary sound on #1 that I will be changing from sax to organ  and anything that suits, but I will always layer  in the backround a piano sound, this will be brought in to fatten the main sound or augment the main sound. I f I wish to solo with the main sound I hit the 2nd sound button and piano is quiet when I want piano in backround again I hit 2nd sound button.    If I change 1st RH to another sound  that sound has to be programed and saved so in order for me to access all the available sounds in the SD1000 I have to make and save every sound with save  feature , this is a huge task.    also if I do as you described I cannot get to my blended volume settings that I may have had a minute before because Main RH sound will be at different volume for sax  compared to piano that I immediately need.

If it is not possible to change default boot sound please just say not able to change that function!!!    but I see it as something is telling it presently to boot to strings , it should be able to tell it to boot to piano. I apologize for being persistent on this subject but it is important for me to progress with this program.
Thanks 
Hayseed

KevinsRat

New to the vArranger2, but I just purchased an OMB guitar and their app is less than desirable. Purchased the Va2 and it works really well with it. You'll need to set the right to full keyboard so the OMB recognizes chord changes, also I had to increase the chord velocity to about 70 to cut down on unwanted chord changes, but that may just be my playing style. Still checking out other aspects but so far so good.

hayseed

KevinsRat
I finally got my OMB guitar up and running  any other tips you might have regarding operation of the guitar into the varranger  , mine seems to work well, much better than the ipad apps.    where do you reset the velocity change you mentioned?
Have you done any shows with it and is it stable with varranger
Thanks

Quote from: KevinsRat on December 01, 2021, 08:12:15 PM
New to the vArranger2, but I just purchased an OMB guitar and their app is less than desirable. Purchased the Va2 and it works really well with it. You'll need to set the right to full keyboard so the OMB recognizes chord changes, also I had to increase the chord velocity to about 70 to cut down on unwanted chord changes, but that may just be my playing style. Still checking out other aspects but so far so good.