News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

VST Instruments and .ins files

Started by The Wizz, March 02, 2021, 01:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizz

I am using Korg's Triton , M1 and Roland JV5080 VST Instruments with vArranger. The selected .ins sounds from each VST plays correctly, but the incorrect  instruments (all GM related) are shown in vArranger Instrument Panel Strip and not the .ins instruments as selected.

How do I get the correct .ins instruments to appear in vArranger's Panel Strip?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards.

Dan

For VST instruments, there is a special communication implemented between the VSTi plugin that sends it's sound list and the all the midi program changes associated, to vArranger
Unfortunately only very rare VST are sending their MIDI programs list and names to the host
This can be seen with the HyperSonic 2 VST and this is great

The Wizz

Dan,
Thanks for your response.

From your experience, can you recall any other well known VST Instruments that works similar to HyperSonic 2 ?

Regards

BjayG

Whizz,

I note you say you are using the Korg Triton VST/INS file.        I have been unsuccessfuly looking for the INS file for this for some time - so is there any chance you could please attach it to the forum.

Thanks very much.

Barry

The Wizz

Barry,

See attached, Korg .ins with various Korg Instruments .ins files including Triton.

The Wizz

BjayG

Many thanks Wizz - much appreciated.  Also thanks Freakman for the link - I'll have look.

Regards
Barry

Jacques1220