News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Motorized fader controller feedback

Started by drepalla, January 13, 2021, 06:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drepalla

Hi Dan

I have connected my BCF2000 to the Varranger2 and when activating the LED feedback for the same device, it functions very well like we see in this great example from Ferdi van Gijzel on youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRZy_5cedWo

The problem is that if you want to move the sliders on the BCF2000 you get a very strong reacting force from the LED feedback, so this is only useable if you only change the volume faders on the VA2, not the other way around, which renders it useless to have the BCF2000 motorized controllers.

The solution could be adding an option to select feedback type, either LED or Motorfader:

Motorfader:

Controller hange message that is coming in from the MIDI port would only update the VA2 slider, but not be sent again out as MIDI controller to the BCF2000, because it makes a conflict.

Any thoughts?

Dan

I understand the problem.
The BCF2000 does not have the Touch Sensitive feature on their fader, like most recent motorized fader.
Usually, the fader is in metal, and can detect when you have the finger on it by measuring the capacitive value.
When you have the finger on the fader, the controller does not move the fader, and will update it only when you remove the finger from the fader.
You can search for ' behringer bcf2000 touch sensitive ' on Google

Not sure if a good solution exists for this... let me know... Maybe to wait a bit every time you move a fader before sending it back to the fader... but a bit complex to do

You can search if other software has found some solutions for this, or if exists a new firmware of the BCF

drepalla

Hi Dan
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction
I found the solution on the Cakewalk forum, by a user named Maotar.
By setting a responce latency in the BCF2000, in my case i set it to 500ms for maximum smoothness and it works perfectly, thanks again!

Here is the instructions by Maotar:

QuoteInstructions:
Select GLOBAL EDIT mode (press EDIT + STORE button)
Turn PUSH ENCODER 7 to change the dead time
Push the EXIT button to leave the GLOBAL EDIT mode
Remark:
The range is between 0 to 1000 ms (milliseconds); the default setting is
100 ms and should be optimal for trouble-free working
hope this will help.

Dan