News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

No sounds via Synth VST Host

Started by The Wizz, October 24, 2020, 05:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizz

All,

Why am I not hearing any of my VST's sounds (Korg M1 and Triton) when used in vArranger VST Host.?

When the actual VST is opened, I hear sounds only if I use my mouse input on the instrument keyboard and not from my Motif xs midi input which also produces no sound in vArranger via sent to the midi out vst 2 as selected in 2nd midi out options although I can see the VST's listed.

It seems as though, the Motif xs midi input is not recognized when using VST's in the Synth Host.

Otherwise, the VST's works perfectly in standalone mode and vArranger software works satisfactory thus far, my problem is with using VST's.

As a new subscriber to vArranger, any help will be appreciated.

Dan

The right 1 track is sending on midi channel 13
Be sure the VST is listening in this midi channel

The Wizz

Dan,

Yes, the VST is on vArranger Right 1 Channel 13:

Send to MIDI OUT 1= Grand Piano (Internal Synth sound).
Right 1 Channel 13: Send to MIDI OUT 2: VST= 01- Triton, 02 - M1.

When I select Send to MIDI OUT 1, I can hear the Grand Piano (Internal Synth sound),
but when I select Send to MIDI OUT 2  and choose either Triton or M1 I get no sounds.

Thanks for your assistance. 

Dan

vArranger sends on midi channel 13 what you play in your midi keyboard, but the VST should listen on the midi channel 13 or Omni. If by default the VST itself only listen on the midi channel 1, then it will not react to the midi channel 13 of vArranger

I explain this in the VST manual : in the chapeter "Monotimbral / Multitimbral"
https://www.varranger.com/wiki/index.php?title=VSTi

If you only want to use one instrument at a time in your VST, then you can activate the "SEND TO MIDI CHANNEL 1" option in the vArranger VST OPTIONS

The the RIGHT1 track will be send on the midi channel 1 of the VST

The Wizz

Dan,
In VST Host options I checked "Send to Midi Channel 1" and everything is working now.
I can hear sounds from both Triton and M1 VST's.

Thanks again.

Dan