News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Strange Chords when I load Jamkazam

Started by stewbow, July 28, 2020, 11:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewbow

Dan
I have a Desktop Computer with 8 Gig Ram, I'm using the Sound Banks that I purchased from you.
I have been trying to use it with Jamkazam, If you are not familiar with Jamkazam it's a superb online platform for playing live with other musicians anywhere in the world.

So this is what happens........
VArranger works perfectly, then I load Jamkazam, and VArranger appears to be normal but then starts to play wrong chords, I'm playing straight forward chords and the chord display will say that I'm inputting completely different chords. If I then close down Jamkazam, VArranger works perfectly again.

any ideas??

thanks
Stuart

Dan

I don't know this program.
How it is connected in vArranger?
Can you show your MIDIPORTS screen?

stewbow

JamKazam..........You run the programme for the 1st time and you have to configure your audio interface to get a low latency, then you are allowed to continue. You can start or join sessions live with other musicians anywhere, but the further they are away, the greater the latency (but you do get used to it) there are some great musicians that join in, after all, nobody is gigging at the moment.
VArranger Using the VAranger Sound Banks starts to pick up wrong chords when I run JamKazam, BUT, if I use the midi output to my SD1 it works fine.

I was just trying to access some of the Tyros and Korg voices that are not available on the SD1.

Dan, this NOT a major issue for me, If the answer is not obvious I don't want to wasting your time on it 

Dan

Usually, wrong chords are caused by note off messages that has been lost in the midi input. vArranger think the note is still there
You can try to press the panic button to reset it, and see if it correct the problem
You can send me the MIDIPORTS screen, so I see how the system is setup (if the midi input is your midi keyboard, or Jamkazam)

stewbow

Dan
I just connected it all up with the intention of doing a video of whats happening, and it appears to be ok at the moment, I'll keep you informed

thanks

Stuart