Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Genos Sound Bank

Started by Carlo, July 12, 2020, 07:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

Hello,

Genos Sound Bank :
In the "Effect SFX"-group, there are a lot of Sounds that doesn't belong there, and schould better be organised in the right Soundgroup.
Like Trumpets and Brasses..., Saxes and Clarinets, Strings...etc...
Is this possible, or can this only be done by Dan ?

Best Regards,
Carlo

Dan

We have an automatic system, based on GM voices categories.
Unfortunately, not all sounds follow the GM rules... and for now we can't move sounds into other categories.
Only a SAVE RIGHT SOUND can do it

Carlo

Okay, thanks for the clarification, Dan.

BTW, the Genos Sound Bank is fantastic.
I am very happy with vArranger in cooperation with my Wersi Louvre ànd Wersi OAX1.

As You perhaps know, Wersi also offers a Style-import for GenosStyles. Alltough, the result is not bad, it is not in compare to vArranger.

Best Regards,
Carlo

Dan

Thank you !
Yes, we did a crazy hard work during more than 10 years to get this sound, and it is never finished...
I can believe that other companies can't get the same level of perfection in the arranger engine without doing the same hard and long work

musicmaker84

Just to get an idea of where we stand: what are the sound banks available for vArranger as of July 2020?

And how much is the cost for each?

Dan

We have actually 4 soundbanks for our virtual synthesizer, that offer better compatibility with the 4 styles brands (Ketron, Roland, Yamaha, Korg)
The price is 99€ per bank for the #SB1/#SB3/#SB4
199€ for the #SB2 ("Genos/Yamaha" 6GB! / offer : 149€ for users that receive updates)
The whole package is 349€
If anyone interested, let me know, and I will send you a Paypal link

Regards,

Dan

Gitarre

Servus miteinander

Sorry ich bin als Gitarrist komplett neu hier.

Gibt es diese Genos Sound Bank schon komplett als SF2 ?

Ich bräuchte einen guten SF2 Sound vom Tyros, oder eben sogar vom Genos
für meinen ,, Sweet Midi Player ,,
Habe schon sehr viele Soundfonts SF2 probiert, aber keine sprechen mich richtig an,
da ich von Wienerwalzer bis Rock'n'Roll mein Programm spiele.

Ich hoffe ihr seit nicht böse das ich hier als Gitarrist vorspreche. ( Österreicher )

Ich hoffe auf eine Antwort.

Gruss Bruno

Dan

Hello Bruno,

No. Our soundbank is working only in the vArranger midi player, not the Sweet Midi player

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
are you saying all 4 soundbanks are a total  349€   vs  nearly 500€.  if bought individually ?

Can they only be used in VArranger itself?

What I'm hoping to use VArranger for is to create backing tracks that I can play along to rather than arranger playing. I've been doing this with my sx900  ie record the backing then save as an mp3. Then just use it as backing for my piano practice ? Same with Band in a Box.

Considering whether it's worth having a keyboard if I'm not actually playing it as a  real time arranger.

Could you also please send me whatever the latest available update is. Havent used my VArranger for quite a while, and it's badly out of date.

I should be able to tell if what I'm hoping to do will work, though I might still need to work out how the soundbanks fit in.

Thank you.

Dan

1. Yes 
2. Yes
3. Yes

I suggest you first to get the new update here
https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,4006.0.html

Then you can send me a private message for the SoundBanks you want

tony

Hi Dan! Sorry for my google translation.
I want to buy a Genos Sound Bank.
Question:
If I buy a Genos Sound Bank from you first, and then a Korg,ketron or Roland, will there be a discount for each of them? Or do I have to buy everything at once to get the price of 349€?

Dan

Yes, you can still buy separately and get the same discount

Dan

rikkisbears

Quote from: rikkisbears on August 30, 2020, 04:34:39 AM
Hi Dan,

What I'm hoping to use VArranger for is to create backing tracks that I can play along to rather than arranger playing. I've been doing this with my sx900  ie record the backing then save as an mp3. Then just use it as backing for my piano practice ? Same with Band in a Box.

Hi Dan,
first up, thank you, got my subscription sorted and got my update. And, yes those piano arpeggios appear to work perfectly now. So thank you, they weren't in the old version that I had.

I've been sorting thru some of my old vsti's  but not sure if I can be bothered with them, they don't seem to work with the fade in/ fade  out.  They're at fault , not VArranger , as they don't recognise expression in my sequencer either, they have a learn function , and at this stage , not sure I can be bothered with all the messing round.

So, does the Genos bank recognise fade in/ out function in VArranger, I use that function in a lot of my backing tracks instead of the intro/endings.

Next, I haven't had a lot to do with recording mp3/wav backing track files, except for pressing the  audio record button on sx900, and it records my midi-file as an audio file  automatically.

Can VArranger do the same? or have I misunderstood.  Because if it can, I am missing something, haven't been able to work out what to do.
All I want to do is type in the song chords, maybe do a bit of adjustment to volumes , and record/save the song as an mp3 or wav, without the need of a sequencer.

Best wishes
Rikki

Dan

First try to use the vArranger Software Synthesizer on midi out 1 then try to select the AUDIO REC button in vArranger and see if it works for you

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
My midi out is correctly.

Ok, so I have my song chord  page up and I've put in the chords

I press the audio record, it automatically comes up with a  Save mp3 screen, but I haven't actually recorded anything yet.
I press save, my song chord screen pops back up, am I then press play,  and at the end I press stop on audio record.
But I haven't actually saved or recorded anything.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, I couldn't find any details on how to go about it.

Best wishes
Rikki

Dan

When you stop the recording, the stop button become REPLAY.
No? Can you replay the recording of the audio of vArranger?
What size in Mb is doing the mp3 file?

rikkisbears

Hi Dan ,
I don't get a replay button.
As soon as I press record button , the Save screen pops up, before anything gets recorded,  unless that's how it's supposed to work?? I would have thought a save screen pops up after a recording.

Dan

Close vArranger and try to locate the MP3 file, and see if it exists and has something inside

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
any files I manage to save  are empty. I've tried loading them into audacity, it doesn't recognise them.  I can save midi files from the song page, they work perfectly. Just something totally weird going on with audio,  as I said, I'm either trying to do it wrong, or something weird going on with my laptop or my VArranger.

We're there ever any utube clips or anything on how to record audio?

Dan

Can you show me your MIDIPORTS screen?

Dan

Ah you need to select an ASIO or WASAPI output

rikkisbears

;D ;D ;D ;D
Thank you Dan,
me totally missing something. Glad you worked out what I was doing wrong, it had me totally stumped.
Finally works.

Now,  your Tyros sound  bank, does it have XG drum mapping and mega voices and other stuff,
or does VArranger  play the styles as gm or whatever  mapping you've set up to get the best out of the varranger/tyros bank setup.
Doesn't worry me anymore either way, now that I've managed to get the recording part working in varranger.
It's just out of curiosity.
Can you send me link for Tyros bank for time being, and I'll see how I go with it. And I think I read I can get the rest at the discounted price should I decide to add them.

Thanks Dan.
I was starting to tear my hair out, trying to work out what was going wrong, bald ladies dont look good /haha

Dan

Great !
Yes we have good sound mapping etc.. so the Yamaha styles will sound good
I will send you a private message to go further

rikkisbears

Thanks Dan,
done. Look forward to getting it.

Best wishes
Rikki

Dan

rikkisbears

Thank you Dan,
got the update and styles working , but not accessing the genos sample bank.
I'm guessing I have  not saved to correct folders, didn't fully understand the folder setup.
another one of those senior moments.

so my folder setup is
Sounds,
inside that  a folder SAMPLES,
inside samples  folder ,a folder called AAAA
inside AAAA, a folder called BBBB
inside BBBB the samples?

Use the vArranger Software Synthesizer in GM2 mode for MIDI OUT 1,    this I have set correctly.

Dan

You should put all the files directly in your SAMPLES folder, not in subfolders

rikkisbears

Thank you Dan,
all sorted.
Sounds pretty good so far with the styles I've tried.

tony

Hi Dan!
   I already own Genos Sound Bank. If I buy more Korg and  Ketron Sound Bank, will I be able to use the vArranger Software Synthesizer in GM2 mode for MIDI OUT 1, or will I need to switch MIDI OUT 1 to Ketron mode?
  Will I be able to use all these SOUNDBANK with styles from KORG, KETRON and YAMAHA at the same time, or will I have to reload the program for each type of styles?

Dan

Yes you will continue the same as now with the vArranger Software Synthesizer in GM2 mode in MIDI OUT 1, all banks will be loaded together
By default when you load a Ketron style it will use the "Ketron" sounds from the soundbank, and so on for each style format, but then you can select the sound you want from every bank, and save your style