automatic accompaniment volume change depending on the playing strength

Started by v.muller, June 14, 2020, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v.muller

I found this interesting function in Genos: Dynamics Control

This determines how the Style playback volume changes depending on the playing strength.
• Off: The volume is kept the same regardless of playing strength.
• Narrow: The volume changes over a narrow range.
• Medium: The volume changes over a medium range.
• Wide: The volume changes over a wide range.

BjayG

I had a  CVP709  Clavinova and that facility has been available for years.    It was a very useful way of providing some sort of 'expression' to the accompaniment part.   Maybe its even availble on Tyros - I haven't checked.

Another useful similar facility that I once saw demonstrated on the lowest member of a range of Yamaha keyboards (and the Yamaha demonstrator said he wished it was also on the more expensive model) was a single knob that you turned and it increasingly added more voices to the style as you turned it.  It was a very simple way to simplfy style playback sound density.

Barry

Dan

drepalla

My Roland G800 had it, maybe even my Solton MS40 has it too, need to  check. It was more than just a adjustment in volume, it changed the playing of the style from gentle to more power and drama as you hit it harder with your chord hand.

Pay attention to the fact that the accompaniment voices used by the arranger are velocity sensitive too, so like say a playing piano part would shift dramatically just as piano would do as you play with different velocity.