News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Midi export of only single track (solo?)

Started by bluebeat, April 26, 2020, 06:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Hi Dan.
A request...
When "saving Midi" from Song Chords, it saves all tracks even if they are muted  or there is nothing there.
Please consider a single track save if track is soloed, without "extras".
Thank you.

Dan

bluebeat

But why have them, if their data is"not" in the file?

Since most likely "style mixer" is not comming in near future, the easiest method I found to "mix" styles or use different parts of them is  by exporting separate "tracks" as midi from VA and gluing them in  DAW. So when I export 10 or so Midi files from VA, I end up with dozens of blank tracks in single project.
It is not a major issue, but would certainly make workflow / export cleaner from VA.

Dan

In my DAW, I can open a midifile, click on a track, and copy / paste only this track into my project

bluebeat

There was a joke...

Old lady comes to doctor office and says:
-Dear, my back hurts a lot when I walk.
Doctor says:
-Please bend down.
Old lady bends. Doctor says:
-Please walk.
Granny walks. Doctor asks:
-Does it hurt less?
Lady says:
Yes, hurts much less when I walk bent over.
Doctor replies:
-So walk like that. -NEXT! (patient, not the VA version)

----
Dan,
my DAW does not do that. I have to import whole file(s) and delete tracks manually. I am not saying it is not possible, I am saying it would be cleaner and save time.

Dan

What is your DAW that ask you to bend down? :)

bluebeat

Dan,
my DAW is beautiful Cakewalk. She does not make me bend over. She is inviting, and gently whispering in my ear:
-When is VA VST coming, so I can embrace it with all my love?

Dan

I also use Cakewalk. In this case, you open the midifile with cakewalk, it will open it in a new project, then simply click on the track and do copy/paste

bluebeat

Dan,
Midi is only a part of the project with 20+ audio tracks and other synths. Midi tracks are add-ons in my case. So how I do it, is I open Instrument (Halion/Kontakt) on existing project and do "import" midi.... When this is done, all tracks within that midi file are imported. So delete 6 tracks once, it is fine. If I import multiple MIDI files with just single track that has data and others do not, it is a lot of tracks to delete :)

Hey, if it is complicated, I get it. The point of the request is just to make things cleaner / less mousing around.

I am more concerned about my USB flash (license) dying, and it is dying.... It is another topic. 

Dan

This is what I told you. Don't import the midifile, but just open it in a new project, then just select the track, copy / paste