News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Drawbars

Started by Bernie9, May 08, 2010, 11:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

Some wonderful features have been added, and I am like the program more all the time, except for an annoyance in selecting the Leslie speed and drawbar presets.  I admit to being an organ man and it may not bother some, but everytime I change a drawbar preset, it goes back to chorus.  It would be better to have a fast and slow choice, then have a controller to toggle, or use a switch pedal.

As we all know, the SD2 has some incredible sounds including the drawbars.  I don't know about France, but in the U.S., the Hammond sound is big business.  Between the native sounds of the SD2 and vArranger we are going to have a killer program and improving the control of the drawbars, I think is important.

Lionel

Hi Bernie,
My wife is a organ lady and has played for a number of years. She was glad that SD2 and vArranger had that organ sound!
Only drawback at present is no bass pedals. It marvels me to see her with one hand upper keyboard, another lower keyboard, left foot for bass note and right foot for volume control.

She is born and breed on organ and when she played for dance, weddings, etc her father carted this big Lowery around for her to play. Now we have a smaller organ (not talking about mine) :P it is still not practical to cart around anymore.

So SD2 with its sounds and vArranger opens another door.

Good work Dan ;)

Lionel

Dan

Hi Bernie and Lionel,

I am ok to improve the organ mode to suit your need.

As you can see, vArranger own a nice organ module.
You can control the drawbars by MIDI sliders.
There is 16 nice drawbars presets
You can also mix the drawbars sounds with the normal sounds.
Just look at some of the ORGAN presets who own some DRAWBARS sounds on one channel.

The only BIG problem with the SD2 is that if you use the LESLIE, you will loose the REVERB :(

If you want, I will add a way to change the leslie speed more easily. and add it to the controller section, so u will be able to assign a PEDAL to that function.

Dan

Bernie9

Dan
I am very happy you can make this change.  I agree that losing reverb with the Leslie is unfortunate.  My Nord doesn't have reverb, but I handle that with reverb on my mixer.  In this case, I need the reverb in my mixer only for Leslie sounds.  Maybe I can have the bypass on until I need it for Leslie, and turn it off with Leslie, giving me mixer reverb, at least.

At any rate, you have proven once again that you listen to our needs.  Thank you Dan.

Dan

I was thinking and thinking about how to implement the Rotor setting easily.

I so added a nice feature in the next version. (0.72)

I you select a DRAWBARS preset, you can use the MODULATION wheel to change the Leslie FX.

If the modulation is close to 0, the FX will be the default CHORUS fx (with reverb)

If you put the modulation up (to the middle of the wheel course), you will get the LESLIE SLOW effect

If you put the modulation more up (from the middle to the end of the course) you will get the LESLIE FAST effect.

So you will change the Rotor speed easily on live context.

Dan

Bernie9

WOW, great news Dan.  Many keyboards handle it this way.  Thank you !