Midi files created from Yamaha PSR SX900 styles do not play properly

Started by paulus1971, February 27, 2020, 03:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulus1971

Hi Dan,

I just bought Yamaha PSR SX900, and recorded few songs using SX900 preset styles. All the songs recorded in SX900 are in midi file format.

I then edit the midi files in SONAR (add markers, recorded melodies, etc), using SX900 as the sound module, everything worked perfectly in SONAR.

When i tried to play the midi files in VA2 (using SX900 as the sound module), whenever i click on a marker, the very first part of the section with that marker (may be around 200 milisecond) always muted.

Do you know what causes the problem?

Thank You for your help.

Dan

Are you sure the midifile markers are well aligned on the 0 downbeat?

paulus1971

Thank you for your very quick response Dan,

Do you know why after i opened the midi files in VA2, all the markers shifted by 3 ticks forward?

From sonar, i have already set and made sure that the markers are all started from XX:01:000           ..........    but after i opened the midi files in VA2, and then i opened the files again in sonar to check the markers again, all the markers are shifted, became   XX:01:003

Do you know what causes this Dan?

Thank you so much for your help Dan

Dan

vArranger does not modify any midifiles.
It can only create some with the song chords export.
So your midifiles was already misaligned when saved in Sonar for sure...

paulus1971

thanks for your reply Dan,

ic, maybe somehow my sonar shifted all the midi notes by 3 ticks. After i shifted all the midi notes in my midi files by by 3 ticks, everything works fine now...

Thank you Dan