Nice and free VST or standalone midi/audio patcher / router

Started by bluebeat, February 19, 2020, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Was posted on another forum, but I thought it might be useful for some VA users. Tried it for only a day, but seems to work very well. A possible alternative to Bluecat patchwork? In any case, there is a VST and a Standalone version of this. Price is right = Free.

https://kushview.net/free-vst-host/

eallan

Thanks for your info - Element standalone works pretty well - even loads Yamaha Motif Rack XS VST3
and communicates with it OK to change voices (which some of the other Hosts are unable to).
Can load Unify VST ok too.
Only problem is that there is a short delay on the Midi out(VST has almost zero Latency).
Have got round that by using Midi Matrix for linking the Keyboard Contoller to Hardware
when using Element standalone
Can get layering of sounds now on both Hardware and VST.
Currently trying Element with Yamaha Motif Rack XS VST3 inside VA to layer
VA right hand sounds using Rack XS.

Dinsmore

Dan

Layers? 5 for the right hand, 3 for the Left hand and 8 for the accomp tracks

So it is possible to load VST3 only instruments through this plugin/host

eallan

Yes Dan , Elements VST in vArranger(Win7 x64) can Load the Yamaha Rack XS Editor VST3 plugin
which lets me do layering on Motif Rack XS with the advantage of being able to
select sounds from a Category with more Voices visible at once , plus additional Info
and additional parameters.
There is one issue - I cannot yet get the Midi KB In to be selected in the VST3.
One other very useful feature in the VST3 is to auto-audition the voices in the Voice List.
By creating Layers this way I can set overall volume from just 1 track in vA.
Tried many times using Right 1 , Right 2 , Right 3 and Right 4 each with a voice , volume
Reverb and Chorus set , but when I save a Song(everything ticked including Right/Left hand Sound
and Right/Left hand Volume) strange things happen:
e.g. If R1-4 and 2nd Voice all had different selected voices and if all the Right1-4 +
2nd Voice Volumes were set to say 40 .... after Save\Song\Save All there are changes:
R1 Volume = 127 and 2nd Voice Volume = 60
and the Chorus levels on R1 and 2nd Voice are zeroed.
Also the R1 voice changes from selected voice to Subass , R2 + R3 + R4 voices are cleared and switched off
and the 2nd Voice becomes Viola.
I have attached screenshots showing this.

ElTyros

Eallan , tu ne fais pas la bonne sauvegarde il faut faire tout d'abord SAVE RIGHT SOUND avec un nom personnalisé et ensuite tu peux faire le SAVE SONG avec les coches