Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Dual Keyboard setup problem

Started by aandrei, October 04, 2019, 03:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aandrei

Hi, Dan
I stumbled upon this:
I connected 2 keyboards (Roland a-88 and a-800Pro)
One is  assigned "full keyboard" and can read "split note".
I can assign the "upper" sound (RIGHT 1), but the "lower" make no sound (the first MIDI "connector" at top of vArranger screen blinks though and the program displays the respective chords).
The second keyboard send all the notes to (LEFT 1).

The settings are:
MIDI IN A-PRO1 Full Keyboard Channel 1 A-PRO
2nd MIDI IN A-Series Keyboard, Play Notes is ticked
Both keyboards transmit on channel 1.

I would like that the "Keyboard 1" will function as usual (Left, Right) and the "Keyboard 2" to be supplemental, playing RIGHT 2 sound.
What should I do?

agaton

It is one of amazing funktions of vArranger². If you use two Keys
are automatically all Right (1,2,3,4) sounds on first Key, and all
Left (1,2,3) sounds on second Key. So you have two independent
Sounds simultaneously.

Sun

I would like that the "Keyboard 1" will function as usual (Left, Right) and the "Keyboard 2" to be supplemental, playing RIGHT 2 sound....
so there is no need to connect this kb with MIDI? just have to connect its output to PA

v.muller

Yamaha keyboards has ACMP (accompaniment) button.
When it is OFF, whole keyboards plays right (main) voice.
When it is ON, the left side (to F#2 by default) is for chord playing.

Could vArranger be used with rhythmic accompaniment only?
Similarly to Yamaha's ACMP OFF.

aandrei

@all
thank you for your answers!

@agaton
I still have to learn how to assign different sounds to different zones of the keyboard through vArranger.
My keyboards have different actions and I would much prefer to use them according to instrument (sound) instead of "hand (left, right). When I "split" the keyboard, the lower part make no sound at all.

@Sun
Both my keyboards are just controllers and I have to connect them to the sound modules (through vArranger). It sound illogical to me to be forced to directly connect one keyboard to one sound module, bypassing vArranger completely.
@v.muller

When it is ON, do you hear the LEFT sound?

Does any one knows how to set up the keyboards so that the first to work as before (left, right) and the second to play some RIGHT sound?

Apparently it CAN be done:
https://youtu.be/LpNdS-p_qng

agaton

Don't split the keybard, cause vArranger send Chord, right and left sounds Midi events on Midi Channel 1(in "normal" modus). You don't need most from usual functions of masterkey when you use vArranger (transpose, split...) cause vArranger make it much better for every sound (right and left). You can use controllers from your key, it will be useful. Go to Sound Editor to see how much controls you can use for every sound and save it all with Sound or/and Style, it is much more as by any masterkey. vArranger is also very good workstation with many, many controllers.

olivier71500

Hi

I think I have same question as v.Muller :

Do you know how to use 2 keyboards for :
- keyboard 1 => upper sounds
- keyboard 2 => lower sound + accomp arranger

The only solution I found is to use midi routing software (midiox , loopbe1, ...)
Otherwise the arranger follow only keyboard1 chords (not second keyboard) .
maybe something wrong in midi channels , but I think i tried all possibilities ...