News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Using vArranger Midi File Player with MODX (not for Style)

Started by paulus1971, August 02, 2019, 01:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulus1971

Hi Dan,

I know Yamaha MODX will cause lagging in somestyles, but i am planning to use MODX ony with vArranger's Midi Player this way :

1. I will sequence a song in Cubase using Yamaha MODX keyboard and save it as a midi file, so that i can make sure there is no program change in each track to avoid lagging (this is the weakness of even Montage)

2. I will then insert Markers in the midi file (Intro, Verses, Choruses, etc) in Cubase, and save the midi file.

3. I will then open the midi file in vArranger and will use MODX as the sound module and keyboard controller with vArranger.

My questions are :
1. Will the sounds selection i use and save in Cubase while creating the midi file will remain the same when i open the midi file in vArranger? Or when i open the midi file for the first time in vArranger i have to edit the sounds for each track again?
2. I have been doing this thing using Roland Integra 7, and so far, when opening the midi file in vArranger, all the sounds i select in Cubase for every track will remain the same in vArranger, so i don't need to edit my midi files. But i am really impressed with the sound quality of MODX and want to try to use it in the same way as i do it with my Integra 7.

Do you know whether the MODX will work as flawlesly as my integra 7 in vArranger or i need to do sound selection editing again in vArranger? Since you have Yamaha MODX, i think you might know the answer.

Thank you Dan

Dan

vArranger should keep your midifile instruments in the style too

paulus1971

If i sequenced midi file using arpeggiated sound....say arpeggiated guitar in Cubase using modx....when i open the midi file in vArranger...will the guitar sound inside vArranger remain arpeggiated without doing any editing?

Thank you in advance Dan

Dan

If it is working good in cubase, it should work good in vArranger too.
Note that you need to select only "single part" programs sounds.
If you select a MODX PERFORMANCE MULTI PART PRESET, that use the 8 channels, then the MODX leave the GM mode, and go in the PRESET LIVE mode (exp: BANK MSB=64)
Your midifile's 16 channels will not play anymore

paulus1971

thank you for your answer Dan.

yup, that what makes me a bit confused reading MODX manual. Because the architecture is totally different from my MOXF.

thanks again for your answer