News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

How to save edited midi file

Started by paulus1971, July 23, 2019, 02:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulus1971

Hi Dan,

I've tried to edit midi files several times in vArranger, but i don't know how to save them....so....every time i load a midi file, i have to change the intruments of active tracks.

Could you tell me how to save an edited midi file?

Thank you

Dan

When you do SAVE SONG, it will save all the changes you have made in the midifile. The instruments, the mixer etc.... but it does not change the midifile itself. It simply add a .mid2 file close to the midifile, with all the changes written in this second file

paulus1971

But strangely whenever i open a midi file, the save "song..." feature can not be selected. So i can never save my edited midi file.

Could you help me with this please? Thank you

Dan

This is strange.
I will send you again the vArranger files

paulus1971

Thank  you Dan.

Now when i open the midi file the "song..." works so i can edit and save edited midi files.

But i found 2 unusual things compare to my previous vArranger version :
1. When midi file is being played, the Instrument Tracks do not show the activity (the "LED light" of the instrument tracks not working).
2. The STYLE slider (slider number 4 from the right) can not be slide to 0, because the minimum value of the slider that is diplayed on the monitor only up to 52. Other sliders can be set to 0. If is drag the STYLE slider all the way down with my mouse, the slider will be gone from the screen.

Could you help me with this please? Thank you

paulus1971

I tried that method. It does not work.