Demo with va2synthesizer?

Started by musicantante, July 03, 2018, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicantante

Dan

Here I try few styles with the vArranger Synth and the 4 Soundbanks
https://www.varranger.com/audio/VirtualSoundModule.mp3

bluebeat

Somebody told me that Dans banks are encrypted,.which means they would not work in many other audio programs outside varranger.
Vsynth is good inside Varranger, but Dan has no plans to make it as a VST or such. Just a friendly warning.

Vsynth will play inside varranger. It will sound  good,  as good as your SF2 bank is.

Dan

Yes, the vArranger Synth is not a VST instrument that you can load in your DAW, it is a virtual sound module integrated and created especially for vArranger
The SoundBanks are not SF2 files that you can load inside other sample players, but sounds created especially for vArranger
The main advantages is that they offer a good compatibility direct out of the box with most of the styles that vArranger can read KETRON ROLAND YAMAHA KORG and soon TECHNICS
That was the main goal when creating this synth

However the vArranger Synth can also use your own SF2 samples and VST instruments to play with styles and midifiles

(Bluebeat, please stop to say what are my plans or not my plans... )

bluebeat

Dan, I am sorry, I do not know what your plans are. You are right. I will put it in more truthful way then...

Dan was asked several times, for long time by different users to have vsynth as VST. He ignored discussion or refused to answer direct questions. I wish he would have a solution to bring VA (synth) to other software to use it as sound module, but as of yet, after years this has not happened.

To give Dan some credit, his soundest seems to be well balanced. If you are ok with price and using it only with varranger, maybe it is for you.

lakere

Quote from: bluebeat on July 03, 2018, 09:51:53 AM
SNIP
I wish he would have a solution to bring VA (synth) to other software to use it as sound module, but as of yet, after years this has not happened.
SNIP
That's exactly why I decided not to invest in the VA Synth.  I also wanted to use is as a module outside vArranger. 

musicantante

Very nice!
I have the last request.
I use a lot midifiles.
How they sound with the va2synthesizer?

Dan

The same sounds available for styles are also available for midifiles
You just need to select the sound yourself. eg : select the drums track, and select a drum kit from the 4 banks
You can mix instruments from the 4 banks to get the sound you like. eg: bass from ketron like     drums from roland like   piano from yamaha like    guitar from korg like ...

musicantante

It doesnkt accept program change directly from the midifile?
I have something like 1300 midifiles and if i have to choose the sound for each track of every midifile it will take ine life to prepare them  ;D

Dan

Of course it recognize program change directly, and use the default gm sounds of vArranger (or your SF2 soundset)
Then you can decide to improve the sound of some tracks by selecting better sounds from the SoundBanks

musicantante

Perfect!
Going to buy the program next week. 😁😁

musicantante

Last question:
Is possible to prepare playlists of midifiles and make them play in sequence? 🤞

Dan

Yes ! With the playlist feature.
You can even put some mp3 in the playlist too :)

Atakiss

Hi Dan!
How to assignable FX3 effect section to SOUND parts?

Dan

Right click on the track and go to SOUND EDIT
You have here the FX3 knob

Atakiss