Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Error messages in Varranger

Started by avdo, March 08, 2018, 02:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avdo

Hi everyone...
i got error message "Midi in open=1"
...so my CME xkey midi controler doesnt work. It works in Studio one software.
If I run Varranger on my desktop with win 8 it works
if I run Varranger on my laptop win 10 it does not work
Anybody have same issue

Dan

Strange.
Try another USB Port, put the computer in PERFORMANCE mode and plug the power supply

sweetbb

I remember a similar situation a couple of years back.  I thought my midi interface was broken. It turned out, that although the midi encoder was visible to the operating system (Windows 7 at the time), it did not work correctly.  I tried the interface on another computer, and on the other computer (also exactly same Windows 7), the interface did work.  It was not a broken midi interface.  the problem was, I had after re-installing the computer with Windows 7 where the interface was not working as expect, it was using some generic driver.  All I had to do was install the correct driver from the CD that came with my midi interface - and my problem was solved.  In the meantime, I had exchanged my midi encoder for a new one, as I thought it was faulty too, but as it turns out, there was nothing wrong with the encoder.

I hope that helps somewhat.

avdo

Thank you all for respond.
This laptop is brand new ...I just bought it to use with vAranger.
It worked for couple weeks then that strange error message "midi in open =1" shows up
I have tried everythig but still there. Strange thing is I run studio one 3 on same laptop with no problem at all.
Even more strange ...on my desktop with win 8 both vArranger and studio one work perfectly at the same time.

Dan

Do you use a USB HUB? Maybe try another usb port without hub?